limited time free videos from Vicom

miyakoji

There are a few videos on Vicom's YouTube channel that indicate they'll be available until May 11.  Vicom has been a producer/manufacturer of front view and other railway enthusiast videos for a long time.  I'd wondered if the advent of high quality home video equipment combined with YouTube is a problem for them, but they're still around (http://www.vicom.co.jp/).  Over the last several years it seems railcar design is not conducive to front view videos, unfortunate for my YT playlists but possibly good for Vicom's business model 🙂

Focusing on the 485 series across JR companies.  Lots of run-by scenes, interiors, and some images at depots and maintenance facilities.

Front view of JR West Oku Izumo Orochi service, Bingo-Ochiai to Kisuki on the Kisuki Line.  Nimo5 has numerous excellent videos about this service, but in this direction the DE15 is leading, so you won't see this view in videos produced by the general public.

Front view of JR Kyushu 1) A-Train de Ikou, Kumamoto to Misumi via the Kagoshima Main Line and Misumi Line, and 2) Ibusuki no Tamatebako from Kagoshima-Chuo to Ibuski via the Ibusuki Makurazaki Line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
JR 500系

Thank you for sharing this! I love these VICOM videos, they're very professionally made and provides indept footage to some rare behind the scene looks!

Could the broadcasting of these videos free to public be in line with the travel restrictions during this golden week?  🙂

• Like 2
Just now, JR 500系 said:

Could the broadcasting of these videos free to public be in line with the travel restrictions during this golden week? 

Good point.  They've been uploaded in the last 24-48 hours, so that lines up, but they'll continue to be available for about an extra week.  I really liked the third video, I never went to Kyushu nor do I see many videos recorded there,.