Rapido Trains N scale New Look Bus

bill937ca

For those looking for something North American. from Rapido Trains who have previously done an HO Version.

https://rapidotrains.com/products/n-scale/model-vehicles/n-scale-new-look-bus?fbclid=IwAR1WviA8CGBJB56zRhNqdIZoZjgfWcKcMfA-E1ATwBImney65RI3EESXBw8

And Rapido Trains real ex-Calgary Transit New Look bus in TTC colors.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 3
  • bill937ca changed the title to Rapido Trains N scale New Look Bus

They look very nice, my local city still has one of their original New Look busses they bring out for historical events and open house days.  Unfortunately they're too small a bus company to be produced by rapido, so I probably won't be picking up any models myself.  They'd make a great flatcar load!

• Like 1
serotta1972

Love these buses, it's what MUNI had running when I was kid.  I actually started collecting the Corgi Models but realized I'm not really into static models so sold them off.  I got one of these Rapido models in HO, they are amazing.  Full detailed interior and not just seats but also the bar holders. 

• Like 2

Nozomi: I just received my Rapido N scale Canadian 10-car set, plus one add-on 3-car coach and sleeper set. These are absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait for the FP9A's I've reserved coming out later this year!

Kiha66 (Sam): Have you got a photo of your local preserved bus? Would its livery work on one of the generic color schemes Rapido is offering? If so, maybe a nice clean broadside could get you the lettering you need for this. Just scale and print on decal paper - or even just print, slice and glue on.

I was hoping for either Muni San Francisco or AC Transit (East Bay) here in the Bay Area. I dropped Rapido a note and they said they have a BUNCH more schemes planned if this first batch sells well. You can also commission a special run. I wonder if your city goverment might be interested in that option as saleable souvenirs.

Serotta1972 (Junior): I wonder if this will fit on the Tomix or Faller bus system mechanisms - maybe with some adjustment for wheelbase. You might be able to power it that way - if you've got the bus system to run it on, that is! But you're into RC cars, so maybe some miniature version of that would do the job!!

By the way: The reservation order deadline is TOMORROW, May 17th!

- Paul

• Like 1