OBB-FS Train No. 235 “Remus” Consist

Szdfan

So this is a super long shot, but this is a resourceful group and I figure it’s worth an attempt. 

I have a friend who is attempting to recreate a train that his family rode when they immigrated from the Soviet Union in 1990. This train was the No. 235 “Remus” from Vienna to Rome (operated by both ÖBB and FS) and was a primary immigration route for Ukrainian Jews before 1990, when they began to fly direct to the US.

He is looking for this train’s consist as it was from 1988 until May 1990, when it changed.

Unfortunately, the consist listed at https://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/vlak.php?zeme=OeBB&kategorie=Ex&cislo=235&nazev=Remus&rok=1991 is for the post-May 1990 formation. My friend remembers orange ÖBB Eurofirma coaches on the train.

Again, I realize this is a long shot, but I’m posting it just in case someone might know something.

It's a tough question.

Eurofima coaches (both OBB and FS ones) were a regular sight on the "Romulus" day trains, the counterpart of the "Romus" night trains you mentioned, but it's also very well possible that they were used on the latters as well, however i can't find any "evidence" yet.

I have to dig a bit deeper - expect another answer soon.

• Thanks 1