Kato - Faller

gavino200

Faller imported and distributed by Kato. Been around for a few years.  Appears to be used at Kato Hobby Center.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Thanks 1

Kato sells a number of foreign hobby products under their name in Japan.  Most notably the scenery supplies line which are rebranded Woodland Scenics, but a number of structures and details are kato badged Heljan or Faller products. 

• Like 1

Faller also makes some of the Alpine buildings that Kato have been distributing for their range of Alpine trains.

Faller still list Tomytec but also Hasegawa on their partner/distribution brands.

Some of the Kato HO figures are made by Noch although they are slightly under scale for 1:80 as they’re made for true HO, 1:87. Noch list Kato, Rokuhan and Athearn as their partner brands.

• Like 2
On 4/22/2021 at 6:55 AM, gavino200 said:

I noticed this product while browsing at HS. It's branded Kato - Faller. Really, it looks more Faller to me. Is this a new joint venture? Or just Kato selling Faller products in Japan under their name? Anyone seen this before?

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10579852

In the meantime I've taken a closer look (as I may need another set), and FWIW the Kato-branded version includes signage for Japanese shops etc., in place of the German ones in the pure Faller product.

Couple of videos:

• Like 2

For anyone measuring, one set of 3 arches is 203mm.

Meanwhile it seems the "classic" version has either been replaced or augmented by this set:

faller-arkaden-set-272583.thumb.jpg.5183ac052b86eedb206d2510e9247d33.jpg

which is the same basic shape, but includes a more expansive "Infill" compared to the classic version, which is annoyingly much more prototypical for my needs, hence the acquisition. Note the Tomytec Berlin tram; also note this particular scenic arrangement is not prototypical for Berlin.

• Like 4

And inside the box we have:

faller-arkaden-set-272583-contents.thumb.jpg.7aa139afa31480eeae454b3f4cbb3454.jpg

The packaging implies there are only 3 sets of arch "inserts", but there are actually 4. There are however only 3 "background" pictures, but they're so ridiculously out of proportion they look silly even in the example on the package, but I wasn't planning to use those anyway.

• Like 2