Garage Unit Tram Layout

bill937ca

bill937ca

Progress on the cardstock building kits. Specifically, I have added awnings to the storefronts in the first Downtown Shops / Apartment Buildings Value Pack. Progress is slow , but I have the trams running and the layout will soon  fill in.

IMG_8916 1920 x 1080.jpg

• Like 3
bill937ca
Posted (edited)

I decided to go with Tomix Stone Pavement tram track and the first stage of the re-fit is done. Basically just for appearance there is no change in function.  There is still a bit of asphalt track at the back of the layout. I may order another 91084 track set so I can get more curves. The small odd pieces are not offered in stone pavement so they will stay.

There is a small section of green tram track at the back of the layout. Heading for a European focused layout as I accumulate more European trams from Tomytec and Kato.

More photos with better light tomorrrow.

IMG_8965 1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 4
bill937ca
Posted (edited)

Here is how the stone pavement looks close up.  This typical of places like Milan, Italy and this is fine with me. Although Milan's stones are laid on the diagonal between the tracks.

IMG_8968  1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 5
bill937ca

Almost all of the track is now stone pavement or green track. More stone pavement was ordered last night. The scenery base is in place. 

IMG_8970  1024 x 768.jpg

• Like 3
bill937ca

Some further work on the tram layout.   I like to recycle materials from one layout to the next.  This way I add a bit more each time.

The first photo is a small parklike space along the tram track.  I will probably add the guard rails to the grass track. I like to add some trees, but that means cutting the grass fabric.  The base underneath is foamboard and tarmac sheets so it can't be anything wet.  Right now the sidewalks are glued to one another but not the surface below. I may use double sided tape. The grass fabric is also loose and probably will be secured with double sided tape.

IMG_8974 cropped  1024 x 768.jpg

When you use stone pavement tram track the small miscellaneous pieces will still be asphalt surface.  This probably works best with the 18mm piece which looks like a  crude construction patch job. Two pieces don't work so well so its hidden at the back.

IMG_8975 1024 x 780  detail.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2