Number plates for model locomotives

Stephen NZ

Can anyone recommend a source for number plates for locomotives? I’m trying to get number plates for Kato C11 2002 and C50 2001 steam locomotives. The Hobby Search website shows them as sold out and can’t see on model train plus website either. I’ve also checked eBay. Can anyone recommend places that have number plates to fit. The second hand models I’ve bought have them missing for their boxes. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Stephen NZ
  • Stephen NZ changed the title to Number plates for model locomotives

Yahoo Japan Auction (via a proxy) or other modelers. These are really old models, it won't be easy to find parts. Maybe the the number plates from 

2021 and 2027 can be reused.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1

Welcome stephen.  While those parts are long out of stock from kato, perhaps one of the forum members has some spare.

I find many Kato parts sellout quickly after the initial release.  Probably more likely extra parts left over from the production run. 

roadstar_na6
3 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

I find many Kato parts sellout quickly after the initial release.

Most Assy-parts are made to order actually.

On the plus side most models come with 4 sets of plates, so after you use one you should still have 3 sets left over.

14 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Welcome Stephen.  While those parts are long out of stock from Kato, perhaps one of the forum members has some spare.

I can go one better than this! If you are interested, I have a Kato 2002 that I would be open to selling - and it has some spare numbers to go with it. If you're interested flick me a PM and let's see if we can organize something.