Imon Shinjuku

railsquid

Out of the blue, it seems, Imon has opened a Shinjuku branch.

imon-shinjuku.thumb.jpg.6da4cb2e0d3c355a97f3c25fc270f04d.jpg

Pretty much the same style as the other stores, at ca. 230sqm nice and spacious, seems split mainly between N and HO gauge.

More pictures here: https://railf.jp/news/2021/03/19/180000.html and here: https://rail.hobidas.com/news/330696/.

The building is owned by Imon Corporation and is freshly renovated. However persons even of average height should be aware that the overhead of the staircase between 2F and 1F is unexpectedly slightly lower than a person of average height, but there is no warning (that I noticed anyway); I found out the hard way.

• Like 9

Certainly very nice for drooling browsing, though the N gauge prices can usually be bettered else where. On the other hand they have an excellent selection of parts and other bits'n'pieces.

• Like 3

Omg, I’m drooling at the pictures, I think I would be a puddle on the floor if there in person! Makes even the best of train stores here look shabby and under stocked.

jeff

serotta1972

Those are beautifully displayed trains and aside from drooling will make me want to buy them even though I probably already have them.  I've not been in a proper hobby store with a large model train department in a long time since Franciscan Hobbies.  I walk away from train stores here now thinking, I have more trains than they do in all O, HO and in especially N Scale. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Visited this shop in March 2023.  Very nice shop with large selection. Had previously visited IMON Akita, first visit to Shinjuku shop.  Liked the Shinjuku shop slightly better, but bought stuff at both places. 

I visited their Shinjuku shop last week, and ended up buying most of my stuff from them. Imon Models is and remains my preferred shop. Either in Yokohama, Shibuya (the biggest store imho), Akihabara or Shinjuku. The availability of products can be checked from their web site beforehand. The service is great. They accept tax free purchases. I got a lot of help from a nice lady who has been really helpful locating what I needed in the store (and I don’t speak Japanese). They help you open and check all locomotives and trains that you purchase. Great service!

• Like 4
Martijn Meerts

On the one hand, I would love if they did international shipping on their online store. On the other hand, I'd be bankrupt in no time 😄

• Haha 3
50 minutes ago, Martijn Meerts said:

On the one hand, I would love if they did international shipping on their online store. On the other hand, I'd be bankrupt in no time 😄

Yeah, no kidding Martijn. I've been in already and been very tempted to buy a pair of Tomix KoKi's. Had to remind myself that pace, not haste wins the race otherwise I will have no money very quickly either.

Didn't know they have a Shibuya branch, I might go and drool over that tomorrow afternoon after visiting Yokohama. The forecast calls for trams, trams, oh... and maybe a few trains.

Martijn Meerts

IMON is supposed to release a new steamer kit this month, which will be extremely tempting. So tempting in face, that over the past couple of months I've been slowly adding money to my Wise account to pay for the thing 😄

@Martijn MeertsDo you mean this one?

Models Imon (Imon Corporation) has taken over the preservation of steam locomotive 9643 from Sapporo Beer Co. In cooperation with the town of Niseko, the locomotive will be preserved in the area adjacent to JR Hokkaido Niseko Station.

This video shows the transfer of the train from the Sapporo Biergarten to Niseko Town, where it has spent 44 years since it was decommissioned.
The filming was done by Daisuke Ito and Yoshihiro Imon of the Arishima Memorial Museum in Niseko Town.

Das Steinkopf
On 5/25/2023 at 9:57 AM, Madsing said:

I visited their Shinjuku shop last week, and ended up buying most of my stuff from them. Imon Models is and remains my preferred shop. Either in Yokohama, Shibuya (the biggest store imho), Akihabara or Shinjuku. The availability of products can be checked from their web site beforehand. The service is great. They accept tax free purchases. I got a lot of help from a nice lady who has been really helpful locating what I needed in the store (and I don’t speak Japanese). They help you open and check all locomotives and trains that you purchase. Great service!

I went to the Shibuya store a couple of times when I was in Tokyo last month and was pleasantly surprised, the staff were very helpful and their prices were very competitive when compared to Hobbysearch and even Yodobashi, I scored a Tomix 7168 EH200 for ¥8,800 which was the cheapest I could find anywhere and is even cheaper than AmiAmi if I had ordered from them online. The store is in a good position as it's not far from the station and is strategically placed for those that are travelling with the other half, Shibuya 109 is just across the road and is guaranteed to keep the wife occupied for more than enough time looking at the various fashion outlets, mind you the whole thing could end up being an expensive exercise with spending frenzies breaking out on both sides of the street, that said you won't feel guilty for how much you have just spent on trains. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Imon / Monta are the best. Better than pochi. Most of my secondhand Japanese model trains are purchased from them. 
Purchased vintage brass model as well. It’s too expensive to buy brand new brass modeltrain now…
Mainly 16-ban (1/80), but Monta and Imon shinjuku does sell secondhand Japanese N scale trains as well.