Tomix apartment buildings 4226 and 4227

Sheffie

These are measured off Tomix 4026, which may be different colors but should be the same molding.  The full size is 12x7x5 cm.  If you want to trim away the extra concrete pad on the base the building alone is 10x5x5 cm.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Sheffie said:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10513446

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10683741

Does anyone have one of these models? What do you think of them, can you give me an idea of their dimensions?

Like pretty much all of the "classic" Tomix buildings (not the Tomytec "Diacolle" ones), it's been around for donkey's years in various colour variations. Decent albeit basic rendering of a typical wooden-style apartment building; the lack of interior does stand out from close-up. However an excellent basis for modifications of all kinds. At I guess I think it represents 4 2DK or 2LDK-style units.

Here's the one I have:

48897532488_c704244204_z.jpg

apartment-2019-10-14_06 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

I haven't got round to any improvements yet though (apart from removing most of the base).

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 5

Thanks for the info, folks.

From the dimensions it looks like I will have plenty of room to put these on my layout sideways, meaning with the long axis running from front to back. That lets the viewer see both the front and back of the building, which is nice, but without staring straight into those open windows. They will be at the back of the layout, too, so hopefully the lack of interior detail won't be a problem.

This bit of Japanese small town is beginning to snowball into quite a project, considering that it was triggered by Tomix selling bus stop kits as a two-pack. If I'd just had one bus stop, I would have put it at the station and that would have been the end of the matter. But now I'm building a road and accommodation for people who want to ride the bus to the station. I'll also be putting the Shinto shrine model on a nearby hilltop.

• Like 6