Kato n gauge motor issues

Daniel C

You said that you touched

9 minutes ago, Daniel C said:

@inobuWhen I try pressing the copper strips attached to the motor to the rails the motor works!

That is the final connection to the motor. if it takes your intervention to make the motor work

then the contact point that you touched is questionable.

• Like 1

Yes, poor connection will cause current to increase. When the current reaches the level of the breaker it trips.

The breaker is not looking for shorts it is reacting to a specific current draw.

A short just facilitates the current flow until its path is exceeded. 

My DIY formation. Repainted with black and white paint plus silver touchups, and MUJI masking tape. The skirts of the leading KiHa 283 cars have been modified for the accommodation of a coupler. The car with the red masking tape has a front coupler (Kato type #2) but modified which makes it also possible for coupling with the Tomix TN coupler.

20210317_182115.jpg

• Like 1

Those are pretty creative make-overs. I bet with some, masking tape, a set of loupes, and an airbrush, you could do some outstanding work!

13 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Those are pretty creative make-overs. I bet with some, masking tape, a set of loupes, and an airbrush, you could do some outstanding work!

@gavino200thanks! not planning on making any more of these at the moment 

• Like 1