Point and Call – Metrolinx introduces the practice of Shisa Kanko to GO Transit trains

bill937ca

Passengers travelling, or soon returning to more regular GO Transit trips might notice something a little out of the ordinary when their train comes to a stop. An ancient Japanese practice is now in place and it’s aimed at improving the door operations of the coaches and ultimately making the GO system even safer.

https://blog.metrolinx.com/2021/03/15/point-and-call-metrolinx-introduces-the-practice-of-shisa-kanko-to-go-transit-trains/amp/

Edited by railsquid
Remove FB tracking link
  • Like 4

In case anyone else was wondering: Metrolinx is a Crown agency that manages and integrates road and public transport in the Canadian province of Ontario, specifically in the Golden Horseshoe region (which includes the cities of Toronto and Hamilton) and Ottawa

(Funnily enough I have used public buses in Ottawa but was evidently so jetlagged I've forgotten what the system was called)

• Like 3

Next step is painting detailed sets of lines on the platform which show exactly which car of which train type will stop where.

4 hours ago, railsquid said:

In case anyone else was wondering: Metrolinx is a Crown agency that manages and integrates road and public transport in the Canadian province of Ontario, specifically in the Golden Horseshoe region (which includes the cities of Toronto and Hamilton) and Ottawa

(Funnily enough I have used public buses in Ottawa but was evidently so jetlagged I've forgotten what the system was called)

OC Transpo     https://www.octranspo.com/en/

Edited by bill937ca