Extra tomytec bits and bobs

cteno4

4 hours ago, cteno4 said:

@roadstar_na6 that’s great! So few left shooting film.

I believe it’s the same all around Germany, but it’s still very easy and very cheap to buy films and to develop them (if you don’t need professional development) as one of the main retailer chain in the country (dm, a sort of drug store) still sell them and offer a developing service. I think they even sold medium format films for a time.

My daughter was shooting film with a pinhole camera she had taken from her mum. Though we are trying to switch her to a small digital camera has she uses film too fast. She loved to take pictures of random pieces of floor boards.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 2

That’s great, finding film here is hard and camera shops are harder and harder to find. Even a decade ago slide had to be done by mail here. The lat time I went to a shop with slide the just sold me mailers...

I remember how much fun pin holes were.

jeff

Pin holes are great for teaching composition. We have a few old cameras at home. Two of the 1970s Olympus Pen, some reflex Mamiya. We sold our medium format. Kind of sad about it.

Maybe you should buy a new pinhole camera. We have one from one of those novelty Japanese (I think) companies. Was dirt cheap.

I think a film costs a euro.

Edited by disturbman
roadstar_na6

The cheapest film (Kodak Gold 200) at dm/Rossmann/Müller is around 4€. Developing it with small prints and a CD is less than 10€. So it's kinda reasonable if you don't shoot 10 rolls a day 😄

I mainly use a Minolta X-700 🙂

• Like 1