The CAD for my adapted catenary mast

Peter Osborne

Peter Osborne

Hi all,

following on from some previous posts I’ve had my CAD done for my 3D printed cross span catenary masts, this will enable the tomix kit 3007 to span my mainline station of 4 platforms and 6 tracks , hopefully a printed mast will be next 🙂 

C8E99F1C-8B5E-43C7-9535-755B5CDE18D5.png

• Like 8

That's really good. What CAD program did you use? Do you have professional experience with CAD or have you picked this up on a hobby basis?

That's clever solution. How did you measure the dimensions? If I were you I'd use calliper.

I wish I could finally manage to install Autodesk Inventor, I want to design a few things for modelling japanese railways.

Nice work! Now you have the perfect spacing for your setup! Will be interesting to hear how these print. What are you going to print it with?

jeff

Peter Osborne

Thanks for the comments I didn’t do the CAD had a small company do it for me wasn’t that expensive they are going to print my masts next week , I will post a photo when I have one complete, they are being printed in grey resin not sure if it will match the tomix but will give all the masts a light airbrush anyway and pick out the small parts too

• Like 2
Peter Osborne

Hi all

We have a first sample of my cross span mast, the resin might be too glossy so a second sample is being done slight toned down, I will spray them all anyway into primer grey and then pick out the insulators in white , comment please? 

4104D36A-28F6-4DAA-9F98-9267921FD450.jpeg

• Like 6
Peter Osborne

A complete mast finished, I have 24 excess available may sell some on here when I work out how, pleased with the mast. 

7F38F12C-D240-40BB-8A9E-925C51ED3269.jpeg

• Like 6