Experience disassembling Kato junctions?

gavino200

Replace the pre-tinned contact board, the copper switch slide, and the plastic actuator, and screw in place. 

DE4dJiD.jpg?1

Solder the wires to the contact plate and trim the wires. 

kvDvFGC.jpg

Replace the exterior switch and copper coil.

The next step is to re-spring the junction. The spring is a simple piece of steel wire with a couple of bends in it. In this photos the end on the left is in the hole that is it's final position. (just for demonstration. There is a hoop for the spring to go through on the underside of the black plastic external switch.

xQksUqn.jpg

First pass the spring through the plastic hoop on the underside of the black plastic external switch.

phbvspn.jpg

Then pass the end of the spring into the metal hoop that protrudes down from the movable rail.

G5muVvS.jpg

Lastly use a tweezers to place the hooked end of the spring in this little hole. 

ARKoTMf.jpg?1

Spring is now in place. Be careful. It will all fall apart if you pick it up now!

1DpfmUo.jpg?1

A little wire managment

7dqnVhs.jpg?1

Secure everything with your fingers as you replace the metal back. 

SCmwNdl.jpg?1

Screw the back in place and you're done. 

47XmiRg.jpg

Edited by gavino200

With a hobby it’s a bit of a balance of variables, clients, and goals just like on a job, it’s just a difference of variables, client and goals. Sounds like you are your own client so only really your view matters, always good to know that well yourself! Then it is payoff for time, effort and money and balance against your own frustration, persistence and patience quotients. All things good to know about yourself as well and finally what bits bring you joy and pain in the hobby to focus on and avoid (or buy yourself out of)! It’s actually a much harder budgeting and design problem than most commercial jobs I’ve done! 

my professional work has given me training to look at these variables a lot and come up with an optimum if I can as well as turn off that “I know it looks good but I know there are imperfections that just bother me” as much as I can, helps me with my enjoyment more. I guess also I get a lot of creative bang with staying on that edge of just enough to get the mind’s eye really engaged and working for me and also being a bit lazy in wanting the most bang for the buck (time). But everyone is different. I just bring this all up as good to think thru and check on your own settings as many times we enter something like this from some strong interest but that can overshadow some of the other thing and either eventually wear at you or blow up some where along the line (scenery is a big one blow ups happen at).

cheers

jeff

• Thanks 1