Once again station catenary

Peter Osborne

Peter Osborne

Hi all,

I have done a search and found a similar thread but it doesn’t answer my question,,I’m planning my station with 2 central island platforms and one along the edge with a station building so need to span

track-platform-track-track-platform-track-track-platform 

I’m going to use TOMIX fine track and also their island platforms extended by 2 elements to enable  135cm trains to stop I’ve looked at the TOMIX catenary with the thought of extending it across but this didn’t look possible to use. Post for both sides can the Kato be adapted? Or any other ideas placed 

thanks 

Pete 

Which Tomix catenary are you thinking of. They make one that is modular. It comes in little pieces and can be extended a lot. Enough for four lines and two island platforms but I think they can go wider than that.  My island platforms are Kato but they have little details on the canopy that is a catenary attachment. So you don't need to put catenaries where the canopies are. My station started as two tracks and then branched to four lines at a set of points (as most do). I started with a pair of double line catenaries and progressively added longer catenaries until I got to the canopies. 

Here are some random pictures I found. 

2rJSpNE.jpg

TOizh6h.jpg

pKMuGUC.jpg

OcSXZxu.jpg

• Like 1
Peter Osborne

Thank you Gavino you have answered my question,  the catenary in your photos  do you have a catalogue number please?

thanks 

Peter Osborne

I’ve been watching some YouTube videos over the weekend and I’ve found a solution to my station catenary cross spans , as I said I want a cross span to cover in total 4 platforms and 6 tracks like this-

(P platform T track)

P-T-T-P-T-T-P-T-T-P

One of the replies to my my initial post  directed me towards the TOMIX station set to cross 2 island platforms and I’ve purchased 2 sets from honbysearch, they arrived Saturday but “partly” work for my station so on thinking yesterday I’ve come up with N idea that will work and solve my problem. 

Im going to get some masts with a cross span either side 3D printed as well as the base plate to fit the TOMIX fine track that i want to use. I will use the mast pictured below as the base with opposed connections to use the existing parts to cover all the tracks, I will report back with my progress , if it works I will offer the masts at cost to other interested members 

D4CD716B-F42A-419E-8A76-C3C9543F9CA1.jpeg

CD5B917E-FA31-4879-AEA2-4203C605F749.jpeg

Edited by Peter Osborne
30 minutes ago, Peter Osborne said:

2 sets from honbysearch, they arrived Saturday but “partly” work for my station so on thinking yesterday I’ve come up with N idea that will work and solve my problem. 

That's a bummer. What was the problem?

Peter Osborne

I want a mast like my bottom photo that I’ve made (not very well) there masts arnt made for the TOMIX kit so I’m going to get some 3D printed 

• Like 1
Peter Osborne

I did a little bit of measuring last night to take some photos for a quality 3D print company to see the basic idea for a quotation, on asking RG Rokko if anyone make anything similar at the moment and they replied no, the cross pan is roughy 5cm each side of the mast, with a double peg at the bottom for use in the PC track , I’ve some of the track on order to get the measurements correct should be here Tuesday 

Edited by Peter Osborne
Pic
Peter Osborne

I’m only using this mast in stations and yard are straight track, I’ve some of the PC station track on the way to see where the locating pegs have to be located on my 3D print 

Peter Osborne

Ok I’ve just had look as my track has arrived and it seems on my printed cross span all we have to add is a peg both sides of the single dual cross span mast for mounting into my TOMIX fine track 🙂 I’ve got a company to do these for me on approval of a prototype I’ve made an order for 20 masts 

F916EE85-32F8-434C-A00F-6A479F7B07BE.jpeg

• Like 1