Missing crank pins

Yandew

Hi, after years of silent reading, i finally made an account

Where can i find crankpins for sale? i live in Jakarta and this model is from my N gauge starter set. KATO’s SL C57180 “Ban’etsu Monogatari”

I lost the crankpins because when i first got it i was 13/14 years old (i’m 22 now) and i disassembled the locomotive out of stupid curiosity... and they have been lost for years now

once i asked at a local n scale facebook group one of them suggest using screws for glasses

C7FA755B-F67D-4F08-8F66-B0D2DD17EE53.jpeg

Martijn Meerts

Some really small screws might work, but you'd likely need to remove one of the remaining pins to check dimensions.

No idea if Kato has these available as spare parts, you should be able to ask a store in Japan such as RG-Rokko or Hobby Search. Another option might be to see if for example World Kougei has pins available that might fit, but again, you'd have to check with a store in Japan.

Worst case, it's possible to make pins by just soldering some brass rod onto a small brass/nickel silver plate, but that's a bit more advanced 🙂

I would definitely ask RG-Rokko or Model Train Plus. But would add a bigger order alongside if they find it as these are pretty small parts and finding them will require some extra work.

Edited by disturbman