Kiha 122

Peter Osborne

Peter Osborne

Having taken a break from new release for a while has any manufacturers made the JR West kiha 122? I see a similar 2 pack of single cars by Kato for a private operation.

1 hour ago, Peter Osborne said:

Having taken a break from new release for a while has any manufacturers made the JR West kiha 122? I see a similar 2 pack of single cars by Kato for a private operation.

As far as i know, the KiHa 122-127 Series was only made by Tomytec for it's "Railway Collection" series as part of Volume No.28 (Relased March 2019).

These are static models that can be easily converted to "running models" with the appropriate chassis wich is sold separately by Tomytec.

• Thanks 1
Peter Osborne
2 hours ago, Socimi said:

As far as i know, the KiHa 122-127 Series was only made by Tomytec for it's "Railway Collection" series as part of Volume No.28 (Relased March 2019).

These are static models that can be easily converted to "running models" with the appropriate chassis wich is sold separately by Tomytec.

Thanks for the information maybe S they have the casting for the body shell they may introduce it into the ready to run range soon 🙂

I wouldn't count on it, if I were you. I can see a few reason why it would not be as easy as one can expect, among which are licensing rights and the quality difference between Tomytec Railway Collection and any Tomix set.

Get the Tomytec version if you can, the chassis are very easy to change. The only downside of the Tomytec is the lack of directional lighting, and the some time poor quality of the plastic.