Sign in to follow this  
Tony Galiani

New Snow Plow Video from Nimo5

Tony Galiani

I really like his videos.

A couple of thoughts struck me as I watched this:

1 - this unit is so new it looks like a plastic model toy, not a hardworking snowplow.

2 - the crossing lights and barriers were not working during the plow run.  I wonder if that is by design or if there was some sort of power outage.

3 - not sure I would want to be the guy riding outside on the front deck!

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

Edited by Tony Galiani
  • Like 3

Tony Galiani

I realized the answer about the crossing was in the comments section of the video:

"Track maintenance machines used in Japan have electrical insulation between the left and right wheels to prevent signals and railroad crossing track circuits from operating. Since the railroad crossing is operated using the track circuit on the Kisuki line, the railroad crossing device does not operate because it cannot be detected even if the track maintenance machine approaches. Therefore, when passing a railroad crossing with heavy crossing traffic, the track maintenance machine is temporarily stopped and safety is confirmed before proceeding."

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

• Thanks 2

Martijn Meerts

Might be this was one of the first times it came out of the depot to clear some snow, and has a good washing before that. Also, MicroAce made some models very similar to this thing.

This video mostly makes me want to go there though, I haven't seen any decent snow in many years 😄