Tenshodo T-Evolution Tokyu 7200 series EMU

marknewton

Arrived yesterday from HobbySearch, a pair of the Tenshodo models of the Tokyu 7200 series multiple units. I bought these as there's a preserved set running on the Oigawa Railway, and I'm a sucker for fluted stainless steel cars. I haven't had a chance to do anything other than unbox them yet. First impression is favourable though, they're nicely detailed and finished. The details supplied include a big sheet of destination signs and other goodies. I've got the coreless power trucks already, just waiting for the pantographs to become available.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by marknewton
  • Like 5

fluted stainless steel - oh yeah!

Over the years I spent all my budget in ATSF streamliners and high levels. No more left for Japanese stainless steel. Except the EF81-300 when a re-run comes.

• Like 1

Does it even roll? What about the lights? What's wrong with the pantographs that are already there? Are you gonna DCC it?

Nice train tho.

I have seen this question unanswered for long now.

So please let me reply by showing details of the KUMOYA of T-Evolution design.

The basic design is identical for the 7200.

It is a very simple design, a handful of parts to be assembled fail safe.

All plastic (ABS, PS, POM) in black, gray, yellow and clear plus a red dot on front window insert for rear light.

Some paited parts (shell, windows).

The pantos are nice but clearly made of plastic.

Rolling = no. The truckframes are fixed inserts to the frame.

The wheelsets are plastic and sit too tight in frames to turn.

The idea of the plain T-Evolution is a nice looking model to be placed on a straight track on a layout or display case or shelf.

IMGP6229.JPG

IMGP6215.JPG

IMGP6220a.JPG

IMGP6220b.JPGIMGP6225a.JPGIMGP6231.JPGIMGP6223.JPGIMGP6224.JPGIMGP6222.JPG

Edited by al camino
pic size
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 1/15/2021 at 7:32 AM, Jaco3011 said:

Does it even roll? What about the lights? What's wrong with the pantographs that are already there? Are you gonna DCC it?

As supplied they're static models, so no, they don't roll. I've fitted them with the new Tenshodo coreless power trucks. The supplied pantographs are also static plastic parts, so they've been replaced with working metal pans. I'll eventually fit a decoder, once I've finished all the numbering, detailing and done some running in. Incidentally, the Tomix Sumitomo couplers clip straight onto the underframe.

spacer.png

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 2