Hello from Bavaria

Bernhard

Hello all together, I would like to introduce myself. From 2003 to 2010 I was a member of the board of BDEF (Federal Association of German Rail Friends). For the last ten years I have been involved in the history of railways in the British Isles. I am also interested in the history of railroads in India, Japan, Iceland, France and some other countries.

My favorite period is the Belle Époque, as it is called in France, or the Edwardian era, as it is called in Britain. So roughly from 1890 to 1914.

Japan I find very interesting because the history of railroads didn't start here until 1872, four decades later than in Europe and the US.

Cheers

Bernhard

• Like 6
6 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Hello and welcome from north of the white sausage equator 🙂

While I like Munich, and worked there 18 months (long ago) and also spent a bunch of time in Landshut back in the 80s with frequent visits to Munich, I will admit I never took any sort of liking to Weißwurst.  Worst wurst 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, roadstar_na6 said:

You haven‘t tried Blutwurst then 😄

At least it probably has flavor.

I don't know if I've ever had Blutwurst.  If I did, it was one of those things in passing where someone invited me over for lunch or dinner or something.

------

Anyway, not to hijack Bernhard's welcome thread.  Herzlich Willkommen Bernhard.  Servus and all that!   This is a real congenial bunch with a good showing from your neck of the woods.

• Like 1

Welcome!

Roxanne and I spent a summer working on an archaeological dig near Landshut organised through Edinburgh University where she was doing her Master's degree at the time.  We ate and drank very well that summer.

• Like 2

Welcome Bernhard! Glad you found us. While primarily a japanese forum, many have other worldwide train interests as well.

Cheers

jeff

• Like 1

Hi Bernhard. You are very welcome.

I can probably help you on some get stuck on anything  relating to British Railways and have a few big databases to help as well

Kev

• Like 2