Copy paste from Google Docs with pictures

For the LCC topic, I drafted my next post in Google Docs. It has some screenshots and a picture. Is there a way to copy and paste into a new post form Google Docs and have the images come through as well?

Edited by Kiran
roadstar_na6

Theoretically it should work straight away, if not try copying into word or something similar first and then into the forum. In general the forum can handle pictures copy-pasted directly.

I doubt it as the forum editor handles images in three ways, as html image Url embeds, direct to post uploaded attachments, and as a embed link from the forum gallery. If you could explore the text as html from Google docs and have the image links to shared images (and they were the full url) then it might work to upload the html as source. Not sure how much html code the forum software can handle in posts and the export may throw a pile of css into it.

jeff

roadstar_na6
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

I doubt it[...]

I do it all the time 😄 I‘ll try out the Word approach later and edit this post, I‘m pretty sure it‘ll work 🙂

Mea culpa! It does work. I thought I had tried pasting in photos in the past and it didn’t accept them that way, but it does just go straight in as a pst attachment. Just have to have the file size on images already reduced. But you can’t do the on the fly iOS file reduction with pasting only with insertion.

will be interesting to see what it does with other formatting in Google doc or word like wrap around text. Have to experiment to see what you can and can’t do.

ive pretty do all my forum interaction directly into the forum editor.

jeff

Martijn Meerts

Google Docs is essentially nothing more than an HTML page really, all the images are probably just linked to on whatever server Google Docs puts them on when you add them there.

As for the formatting, pretty sure the more complicated stuff might be tricky, and who know what kind of unnecessary junk Google decides to inject 😉