Parts for Kato Shinkansen N700

Blackcaim

Hi,

I was cleaning my Kato N700 Motor and I lost the worm gear plastic washer (image below). Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement? 

Thanks. 

67a724c9-6c21-45df-941e-b59bb9a75901.jpg

If you can’t source a Tomix one you might search o rings out there. I have a smattering of tiny ones like this, I can take a look. What is the outer diameter and inner diameter? Or take a closer picture with a mm ruler next to it.

jeff

Hi Jeff, 

Sorry for the late reply, but here's the picture you requested. The inner hole is about 1 mm in diameter. Any idea where to find this part?

323ea106-d572-43a7-8c08-84dd06e49b1e.jpg

You can look to see on the instruction sheet what is sold as spare parts for the mech, then start trying some of the dealers in japan to see if they can get the part.

Not sure exactly how the ring sits in the mech but a 1mm id o ring may work. Can you snap a picture of how the o ring sits on the shaft in the block? If it fits in a discrete channel then due to its rectangular profile a round profile regular o ring may not work. what does it do, just keep the worm gear spaced from the universal joint? Looks like the shaft from the work gear goes thru the o ring and mounts into the universal joint, correct? Or is the o ring the shaft bearing? If that is the case an o ring won’t work and a new part would need to be cut from some like ptfe (Teflon) plastic.

I’ll start digging around in the various o rings I have here.

is it flexible material like a silicone or harder like a soft gear plastic? 

jeff

Hi Jeff

The soft plastic gears keep the worm gear spaced from the universal joint. I've attached an image of the power bogie below. I've checked the N700 parts list and they do not sell that particular part on its own. Instead they sell the complete power bogie with the part number 4754ZD1. I just checked 1999.co.jp and they are out of stock at the moment and there is no indication when it will be available. If you know of any other stores, please let me know. Thanks.

powerbogie_N700.jpg

Ahh it’s in the bogie! Then yes it’s best to jsut replace the bogie. Try the sources Yavianice suggests. May want to order a few other things to be nice to them for doing a special order if you are not a current customer and as you may need DHL shipping and there’s a minimum there.

if you are in the us you can also try to order thru katousa. Call them. They usually want you to fax or email a copy of your instruction sheet with the part you want circled (I guess they had too many confusions so this way you just get what you circled!). They usually add like $8-10 for shipping and handling and it can take a few months as I think it just comes over in their containers with stock shipments.

jeff

• Like 1