Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

We did this on our last club sectional layout and it worked great to get the corner modules down to a width to be able to transport easily. Adapted from the old Ttrak inside corners.

cheers

jeff

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wow! The detail and planning of the printing is almost surpassed by the construction video! That was a ton of work! Very

inspiring.

thanks

jeff

• Like 2
MeTheSwede

Wow, that Kabukicho building is really insanely detailed! Reading his Twitter reveals the construction took him about a year, which is of course not unexpected.

I thought I should post another module video. To a scenery guy like me, the Enoden Line with it's short rolling stock and some street running is very inspiring. Enoden layouts always have so many little things going on in them. I'll probably pick up an Enoden train some day.

(I think the music by Kome Kome Club sounds very suiting to the video.)

• Like 9
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Very nice but trams are running at 60mph!

Saw this very nice layout at JAM a good few years ago I believe. Wow, those passengers got thrown around on that S-bend. Maybe its to avoid stalls as a hand of god push would derail something or knock some scenery off. That's generally what stuff looks like at train shows in Japan, though. You don't tend to see any replicated operations like you get elsewhere, just trains running through the scene.

Same at the rental layouts, everything running fast. I get weird looks if I run slow, stop at signals, stations or shunt wagons. (What is that foreign guy doing with his trains?) Definitely a different mentality or appreciation of model railways to what I'm used to.

I was invited to try out a shunting puzzle in one of my local train shops. The owner seemed amazed at the method I was using. Essentially moving the whole rake of wagons to position the correct one rather moving others out of the way to get the loco onto the required wagon. A pretty normal process I would say, if there's space on the head shunt. Anyway, maybe an isolated incident and sharing of ideas ensued. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 2/4/2024 at 11:22 AM, tossedman said:

This is cool. One of the most detailed buildings I've seen.

Really inspiring. I watched the video two times already, then decided to watch it again at 1/4 speed to better understand the process...

Thanks for sharing!

Marc

• Like 2
maihama eki
4 hours ago, Madsing said:

Really inspiring. I watched the video two times already, then decided to watch it again at 1/4 speed to better understand the process...

Thanks for sharing!

Marc

All of the lighted signs are incredible.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Very nice but trams are running at 60mph!

jeff

You'd be driving that fast too if it's Don Quijote's Everything is 20% off sale and it's the end of your shift when you hit Fujisawa Station.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
MeTheSwede

Next I want to share Norihiko Kazahara's first take on the Hakone Tozan Line. It's a lot of railway in 600 x 900 mm! The linked time stamp shows the start of the descent down the layout. Go back to the start for some shots of the construction.

A couple of years later he finished a 1530 x 860 mm version of the Hakone Tozan Railway, where the height climbed was limited by the need to fit the layout under his bed. Some very nice landscaping in this one. And three switchbacks, just like the prototype.

Now I feel I want to go visit Hakone.

• Like 3
MeTheSwede

After lately having seen a lot of talk about the claim that "the model train hobby is dying", I found watching a TV program about teams from 155 high schools gathering in one place to exhibit their builds and compete for titles in various categories quite inspiring. There is clearly no Grim Reaper in sight here, just lots and lots of enthusiastic teenage modellers.

• Like 3

Nice! yes it’s always the sky is falling! With our club at the same train shows for 20 years now and demographics are sadly about the same. It would be nice to see more younger modelers in the hobby. I’m hoping to try using the mini onetrak concept with a local children’s museum that has a maker shop and outs on all sorts of projects in conjunction with the local libraries.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
MeTheSwede

Since the Kiso Forrest Railway was mentioned in another thread, I thought it would be suiting to post this very good renditon of it here:

The creator has since built several micro layouts for various ultra short rolling stock that are worth to check out.

• Like 8
bill937ca

A 400-hour production process to create Hankyu Kobe Sannomiya Station in 1/150 scale. 

This diorama will be displayed at the Sannomiya Railway Festival! Sannomiya Railway Festival 2024 Period Period: Tuesday, May 1 - Monday, May 6, 2024 Venue: Kobe Hankyu Department Store (in front of Kobe Sannomiya Station) Other past works will also be displayed. Hankyu Ishibashi Handai-mae Station:

[Equipment used】 Laser machines: CO2 laser (used at SMALLWORLDS), Makeblock xTool M1 3D printers: ELEGOO Mars 2, Saturn 8K #Elegoo 3D printed resin: ELEGOO Resin Airbrush: SPARMAX FRYER-SR, DH-103, Compressor Power X, etc. Rechargeable Airbrush: RAYWOOD DELTA RS-1 Diorama materials: MDF, wood, cartonage, Kent paper, etc.

Video by Cityscape Studio.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 7
marknewton
On 2/5/2024 at 7:42 PM, Kamome said:

was invited to try out a shunting puzzle in one of my local train shops. The owner seemed amazed at the method I was using. Essentially moving the whole rake of wagons to position the correct one rather moving others out of the way to get the loco onto the required wagon. A pretty normal process I would say…

Yes, a very normal process. It’s how we do it on the big railway. 

Cheers,

Mark.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, railsquid said:

Not sure if this is strictly inspirational, but a little diorama of sorts from the Tokyo Rinkai Disaster Prevention Park using some familiar products.

Actually, that would make a great T-Trak module.  Foreground track could be newly repaired mainline, and unused background track still awaiting repairs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minato_Line#/media/File:Hitachinaka_kaihin_railway_minato_line_no2.JPG

• Like 1