Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

maihama eki

Wow. Just WOW!

Even if I could build overhead wires anything close to that, I would almost immediately jam my hand in the middle of it and destroy half of it.

Edited by maihama eki
9 hours ago, Kamome said:

If @Kamome442 thinks he needs to up his game, what chance does that leave the rest of us? 😂

Oh but the beauty of OLE is there is always more detail that can be added, I like to think of it as the gift that just keeps giving🤪 

300410823_Screenshot2022-07-17at10_32_38.thumb.png.e18d498b89a3b284d72a8cf32744ad29.png

• Like 4

I like how he has made the stock product fit into the scene. Weathering is very well done on out of the box scenery items which make it come together very well.

• Like 1

Makes you realize how much catenary does to set the model scene. It was all nicely done and shot.

jeff

• Like 1
9 hours ago, bill937ca said:

KATO EF210 Container Freight from yukikazeful

Always well filmed content. The number of new videos have been slower over the last few years but still always great when Yukikazeful releases a new one.

• Like 2

I wonder what kind of camera or lighting is required to reach that image quality. The depth of field is incredible, everything looks so clear and sharp! Of course the layout and the scenes are spectacular too!

I would have said this Youtuber has good experience with film making or photography as his footage is very sharp and when he adds sound effects, its always cut perfectly with the footage.

It's an older video, but here is the one showing the whole layout and how he keeps dust off. Amazing how much depth he has in a relatively small space. 

• Like 3

Railroad model N gauge diorama Self-made paper craft Meitetsu Nagoya Airport line City where Meitetsu trains run

• Like 5

Not exactly a layout, but i felt that this was a great idea to not only store and display trains, but to be able to drive it down to the actual layout and after drive it back up for storage/ display. It is even totally covered in a display case, like a store!

• Like 5

Introducing an N-gauge railway model layout diorama with a double-track overhead crossing developed on a 1800 x 900mm size layout board. The rail system is made by TOMIX and has a layout that stretches the rails to the limit in a space of about 1 tatami mat.

• Like 1

Something a little bit different.  Lots of yard trackage.  Maybe room for a container terminal?

Introducing the N gauge model railroad layout diorama that is portable and retractable. It measures 1,800 x 600 mm and is stored upright when not being played with. 【table of contents】

0:00Introduction

0:15Layout overview

1:21vehicle withdrawal

2:04demolition of the building

2:26Disconnecting electrical wiring

2:46Withdrawing the layout body

3:10Layout storage

3:45About creating an N gauge fixed layout

4:43run a train in a layout

7:09Summary

• Like 1

Nice! Just like our old JRM layout, just drop the sections in the caskets and stack them up. Our 3.0 layout that has gotten stalled (workspace, scheduling, covid etc) was planned to have 4 roadie boxes that 3-5 modules would slide into each box for transport and storage.

some folks with Ttrak so a similar thing by putting threaded inserts in front an back of modules and then use long slats with holes drilled to bolt a tower of modules together. One was slick, they put the inserts in the ends near the edge (so they would not show) and then had thin plywood pieces that boosted onto the ends that had holes drilled where track ends were to let them float thru.

jeff

8 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Here's another great idea for space saving, a multi-tiered layout that can be stacked!

Pretty much the same as the layout I am building.

But didn't think about having longer corner legs so the modules can stack.