Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

15 hours ago, Madsing said:

Yes.

https://shop.revopoint3d.com

They are actually the sponsor of that video. 

Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering how that guy talked so many people into coming to his apartment for a scanning session. That in itself would be quite an achievement. I guess Revopoint gave him a little help with that part.

Correct. I don’t think that I would spend so much money and time to do that, but this could be fun. Scanning your family members to recreate scenes on your layout.

That’s what they do at Small Worlds Tokyo: https://www.smallworlds.jp/en/figureprogram_en/

They 3D scan you to make a 1/80 figurine that they put somewhere on the layout for one year!

• Like 2

That's really great! I'd love to do that. Actually, I'd really like to try my hand at making my own figures. But I have soooo, many things to do before I'll get to it!!

• Like 1

More Nagi Mugi, this time for those who want to extend part of their platforms but whose track plans won’t allow a standard platform extension. I was considering this style of narrow platform end for some layout ideas. There is one like this at Nishi-Kokura station in Northern Kyushu to accommodate the 9 car commuter trains on the Kagoshima line. The fence side backs on to a double track freight line rather than the other main line in this model. Nice build and this guy really understands the nuisances needed to bring his model to life. 

Edited by Kamome
fat fingers
  • Like 8

Ages ago, we picked up a copy of the book Brewery Railways of Burton on Trent, and that has always stood out as an ideal setting for a shunting layout.  Now to go order a copy of the latest issue of Railway Modeller!

Edited by Cat
  • Like 5

A front view video from the popular model railroad restaurant's layout "Jeorama Dining Hall" located in Osaka, Japan. Beware of the Kitties on the layout.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

Hobby Center Kato Tokyo Japanese Fine Train Model Show Room 

Thanks! What i really like about the video is the walk to from Ochiai-minami-nakasaki to Kato HQ. I got lost and was not able to locate this the last time i went in 2015, so this will be VERY useful for the next trip, since i have quite a fair bit of parts to buy!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Thanks! What i really like about the video is the walk to from Ochiai-minami-nakasaki to Kato HQ. I got lost and was not able to locate this the last time i went in 2015, so this will be VERY useful for the next trip, since i have quite a fair bit of parts to buy!

Do we have a Kato Hobby Center thread? I think the intro is worth its weight in gold.

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

A nice modular layout:

House from Totoro movie in the forest module

And the bakery from Kiki in the mountain module

Edited by katoftw
lighthouse
51 minutes ago, katoftw said:

House from Totoro movie in the forest module

A the bakery from Kiki in the mountain module

I never saw the movies, but the houses i saw at Hobby Search (Sankei?)

The sankei Ghibli kits have more detail and pop a bit more than the regular sankei kits. But it does make them a tad more expensive.

jeff

Not quite an inspirational layout, more part of a layout which was very interesting to observe - a model rail ferry with working linkspan. The builder had another video on his channel showing how he used a standard R/C car type controller to operate the linkspan. I had found these a while back but couldn't find them again when I tried until I entered 'train ferry' in Japanese - 鉄道連絡船 - into YouTube. Turns out there's a bunch of other Japanese rail ferry videos too but I didn't go watching those (yet...).

The builder also appears to be into building ship models too which is half of his YouTube content.

• Like 9
Darklighter

The first two minutes show a Japanese layout which is featured in the July 2022 issue of Continental Modeller.

• Like 5

Holy detail Batman! Shows how messy real life detail is. The man knows how to do jigs.

don’t let Joe see this, we won’t see him for a few months!

jeff

• Haha 2

Clever how they used ambient lighting that mimics that of overcast skies. Way easier to replicate than direct sunlight if one can match the grey background and use plenty of scattered light with the right temperature!

That it is a crazy level of detail! 

On 7/14/2022 at 6:18 PM, cteno4 said:

don’t let Joe see this, we won’t see him for a few months!

Yep, looks like I need to up my game 😄

Edited by Kamome442

You lads need to chill out.
This is what happens when you don't work on the railway proper. 😂

Edited by Giugiaro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1