Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

Das Steinkopf
On 7/30/2021 at 8:19 PM, Kamome said:

This looks like a nice build. 

Strangely enough In have found myself veiwing his videos of late during my now further extended lockdown period, its got to the point where I am running out of Mokei Tetsu videos given the number I have viewed on Youtube of late to get ideas, I really like how he has done the tunnel where the bridge and station are how you lift the top of the hill off to access the lines below to clear derailments and conduct maintenance.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1

Really nice layout! Lots packed in there but did a great job of hiding tracks so it wasn’t a total spaghetti bowl. Really love how he did the lift out section, I was looking at some of the unconstructed areas in the early section wondering if there was a plan for access.

love his planning of roadways, another thing that helps hide spaghetti bowl. Super long train shed is awesome, I’ve always wanted one like that out of the Tomix. I have 6 of the Kato sheds we use to use in the yard on the old JRM layout but doesn’t compare to his at all! The engine shop is really nice and great scene, then topped off by the little mow yard in the corner! Overhead station is really nicely done, going to have to steal some from there sometime! Really nice sweet scenes throughout.

also shows how the layout can feel so much bigger without shinkansen viaducts as they so dominate and just make things seem smaller as they are always a tight fit so I think it just says to the mind’s eye there is not enough room here for this, too small, even though a good sized layout.

must be fun crawling thru the rabbit warren of passageways below the layout! 

as I get older I get more and more int making scenery sections lift out. Guess the idea of leaning over just makes the back hurt even though I have a good back!

thanks!

jeff

OMG, I so totally love this 😍 What an original, amazing atmospheric little diorama.

Thank you so much for sharing 👍

• Like 3

Came across this video on my Youtube recommended list. Nagi Mugi Railway.

If this is how much attention to detail this person spends on kit bashing/ scratch building their engine facility, should be a great channel to watch the progress on.

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 7
Das Steinkopf
On 8/28/2021 at 8:04 PM, Kamome said:

Came across this video on my Youtube recommended list. Nagi Mugi Railway.

If this is how much attention to detail this person spends on kit bashing/ scratch building their engine facility, should be a great channel to watch the progress on.

We must be watching the same videos as I was going to post this as well, I really like the work that he has done around the depot especially the sidings and fuelling points.

• Like 1

The channel Ozmo Factory posted a trailer that I found quite inspiring.

He's working on a 5 meter long model of Atami Station and will upload videos from time to time documenting the process. His target date to finish it all is August 2023. Planning started 12 years ago.

• Like 6

Spectacular lighting job. Hope those bulbs don't burn out! Wow!

A second video. This is HO scale. 

We have a model railroad city in our house, filled with buildings and railroad tracks, based on Tokyo, where we both grew up, and layered with images of Berlin, Moscow, Shanghai, New York, and other big cities we have visited on our travels. Enjoy the 10 years of model making and the night view with countless neon lights and LEDs flashing. This time, 20 trains are operated automatically.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 10
  • bill937ca changed the title to Model Train City (Spectacular Night Layout)

I just realised Yamabato channel hasn't been posted here and want to share it.

For the last 4 months I've been following this guy's progress with building a large layout where I'd say he focuses more on getting the big things right, rather then getting bogged down with tiny details. This way he's manage to make A LOT of progress with the layout and has created a large amount of great scenes. He's posting new videos about once or twice a week. There's always something new he has finished and he often gives some insight into the making of it.

• Like 7

Not the first time to post this guy’s videos. Certainly a channel to watch as his modelling is very realistic IMO.

Anyway here’s a camera car tour. 

• Like 2

I´m not sure... but here is a good inspiring for a country-side layout for the steam-era. Btw, it is a modular layout of a small club.

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Madsing said:

Great inspiration for my (future) underground station

at 13:29 does anybody knows what is the brand of the seated small passengers, exactly what I'm looking at for my JR103 .... ? 

Edited by JR East
  • Like 2

Much nicer than nipping the legs and lower torsos off regular figures!

actually might be something for 3D printing as fewer fine bits to print, but would need to print from the head down.

jeff

It’s not clear which company this chap purchased his (ロングシート)long seat figures from. I did manage to find a company called YFS who produce figurines in various scales including these type of figures.

https://yfs-figure.com

Seems such a simple idea to join a number of torsos together in one piece. This better resembles the lack of shoulder space on busy commuter trains. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
maihama eki

Not challenging enough to scratch build a straight section of underground station... better make it on a curve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes. I am jealous of their laser cutter. Everything seems so easy to cut and fits perfectly. That said, I am better than them with LEDs 😀. I think that lights are too bright in this project. 

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts
2 hours ago, Madsing said:

Yes. I am jealous of their laser cutter. Everything seems so easy to cut and fits perfectly. That said, I am better than them with LEDs 😀. I think that lights are too bright in this project. 

A small laser cutter is still high on my wish list, but a decent one is still quite expensive. There's a whole bunch of cheap ones, but after doing a bit of research, those tend to be very low powered, or don't come with any sort of cooling built in, which isn't great. I'd very much prefer one that I can just plug in and start cutting on 🙂

• Like 3

Amazingly ccrazy details, godlike skill, amazing work!!!

0:09 in the video, was that a scanning of human to 3D print the figures??? Didnt know technology is already there!

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

The technology has existed for quite a while now, even quite affordable. But many of the affordable ones scan stuff into 3D models that are pretty much unusable for anything other than looking at them 😄

Seems the modern ones have definitely improved though, yet another bit of interesting kit to have at some point 😉

• Like 1