Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

On 6/30/2018 at 1:14 PM, Densha said:

Just a really nice suburban station diorama: http://hkuma.net/trans/2018/06/post-145.html

Do you remember any identifying information from this link. It was a small modern suburban diorama. About 2 foot by 4 foot, Suburban with a station, a platform and some surrounding buildings. Apparently it had won an award. The diorama artist had kitbashed the kato station to an urban building to make a more realistic urban train station. I was hoping to get some inspiration from it. (copy it).

13 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Now this is pretty cool, you own petrol station! Loved how he scaled down the original station using google map!

Really interesting. I subscribed to their channel. It looks so easy when watching the video. I guess just preparing such a model requires hours and hours of preparation. But it’s certainly encouraging me to try more scratch building.

• JR 500系 pinned this topic

Not railways but a nice build of the futuristic twisting expressway lanes in dense urban areas. 

Playing driving games i always thought these things were made up until i came to Japan.

• Like 9

Wow nice modeling! Yes the more I’ve seen of the wild multilevel expressways the more I want to do something. Thinking maybe Ttrak module like this.

I want a laser cutter! I like building like this instead of 3D print. I really enjoy building sankei kits.

jeff

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been posted before but a pretty amazing photo plank with exceptional attention to detail.

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 11

Great find Kamome! I have really enjoyed looking back through their posts to see how they got so much detail into that scene! Added to my list of creators to follow.

• Like 1

Had to stop watching this as it made me feel totally inadequate 😂😂👍

Edited by Pauljag900
7 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Another amazing piece of work!

3D printing certainly does wonders!

Yes, and the laser cutter. I'd bet the computer skills for using both are pretty similar. I really want to get one of each at some stage. First I need to develop my basic skills in order to deserve them. 

Edited by gavino200