Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

Not sure if these have been posted before but some nice 2 part shows. The subtitles are not great but allow non Japanese speakers to follow along reasonably well.

• Like 4

A 3400 x 1300 mm old layout profile. On screen text in Japanese and English.

Part 1 Tracks and Lines

It uses Tomix track and controls.  There is a six track 10- car station (on the left below) made up of two double track  lines with a center platform between the two lines plus a siding on each double track line. There is an outer line and  folded dogbone inside the outer  loop.

Part 2 Scenery

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 8

Quite fun. Bad enough thinking about the work to DCC all my trains, but to then cut out the doors and add door mechanisms! At least then dcc lighting then is a very easy step...

There was a thread somewhere in the four on these.

jeff

Martijn Meerts

But if the doors open and close, and there's passengers on the platform, you HAVE to make the passengers get on and off the trains as well, otherwise it'd look weird 😉

• Like 1
On 8/9/2020 at 1:30 PM, cteno4 said:

Quite fun. Bad enough thinking about the work to DCC all my trains, but to then cut out the doors and add door mechanisms!

jeff

Oh just think of the fun of modeling a broken, barricaded door on an  otherwise operating train!  And the door is broken because some noodle head held the door open.

And the conductor hanging the noodle head out the open door by their feet for a close up view of of the track...

jeff

• Haha 2
On 8/9/2020 at 8:11 AM, Kamome said:

Another level of detail for n gauge.

Seeing this is a lifelong dream come true. I remember when I was about four seeing a OO scale train carriage for the very first time. Strikingly clearly I can remember how disappointed I was that the doors didn't open. Finally, I'm happy now! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just watching Godzilla Raids Again from 1955 and still amazed at how well they made the models buildings to be destroyed and how well they fell apart. 65 years ago tech.

jeff

• Like 2

This is truely an insprational layout of the Hakone Tozan line, right up to customised Hakone-Yumoto station and bridges!

• Like 11

I dont know where to place this, but i guess it is somewhat, inspirational?  😛 

Pretty funny watching trains snake through points!

• Like 5

I wouldn't like to be inside one of those holding an open cup of beverage...

Also not sure if the loco from about 11:30 is strictly prototypical for the TaKi...

Edited by railsquid
  • Haha 3

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before.

I recently stumbled upon this project by Cityscape Studio to make Shibuya in N-scale. 

Just beautiful work with some lovely attention to detail. There is a twitter page with more updates. 

https://twitter.com/Cityscape_Std

I am hoping to pick up a few techniques as it progresses!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just stunning work! Love how he went at it. Also like how he scratch built most of it and just 3d printed some of the details that would look best like that. Really nice work.

Cheers

jeff

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

I wonder how many of us here have been inside this building and ordered coffee from Starbucks, I did back back in 2015 on my first trip to Japan, shortly after that I walked up to Tokyu Hands and that's where my N Scale journey began with the purchase of a MicroAce Keihan Keishin 800 Series.

• Like 1

This is very impressive and a big part of that, for me, is the work you don't see in the video - the preparation and planning.  Having worked on building projects, that part of the work can be way more time consuming and complicated.  He must have put a great amount of time and effort into the planning.  I was just amazed watching the building come together.

Cheers,

Tony Galiani

• Like 1

I guess that the next scenery additions will be designed to withstand a lot more of abuse... 

Maybe the onwer will consider 0 scale for his next layout... 😅

11 hours ago, Martijn Meerts said:

The cats are really well made, they look very realistic 🙂

Yeah i agree, the servos and mechanics are very well made and move almost like the real thing... They even imitated the cats licking their paws!   😛

On the other hand, do they have issues with dirty tracks and cat fur? The trains looks to be moving very smoothly with no lights flickering....

• Haha 2