Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

On some cab view videos, the tracks seem to end in the air, so the layout seems to consist of the station only. At least at the moment the videos were made.

This guy's layout is amazing too!

Loving all the lights on his layout and trains... And especially that curved station and platform! That is beautifully done! Unique Customised job?

• Like 1
JR 500系

That's just amazing... I wonder how long he took to built that massive layout! Those rubble walls, LED lights in many buildings, those amazing traffic signals, and best of all, that beautiful Tokyo Sky tree that is definitely larger than my Tomyytec one....

What happens when a train derail?

I see as many as 6-7 controllers, so I guess there might be 6-7 or more tracks to run multiple trains on... Amazing... Also, I noticed that shinkansen were max 10 cars? Except for the E5, the E7 and N700 doesn't seem to be in their full length ~ But those multiple running trains on a single layout is enough to wow anyone over...

Modular layout based on the Izu Kyūkō Line:

And some other good looking ones:

• Like 5

Nice! Nice catenary there as well. Btrains look so nice when on curving and snaking tracks compared to long straight-aways.

Jeff

• Like 1

Btrains look so nice when on curving and snaking tracks compared to long straight-aways.

That's something I never realised! That's some good thinking there on visuals. Long train cars do well on (relative) straights, but short ones do better on more heavy curved lines. It really gives food for thought.

That's something I never realised! That's some good thinking there on visuals. Long train cars do well on (relative) straights, but short ones do better on more heavy curved lines. It really gives food for thought.

I agree! B-trains definitely look best on curved lines.

Darn... makes me wanna start on B-trains! Mass amounts of rolling stock including many painted and rare ones, and cost much lesser than full N scale models...

The short btrains with curves, especially at 30-45 degrees from your sight lines also makes them look much more like normal length. Compressing the track plan and scenery also works well with the shortened cars the mind's eye just says it looks right.

Cheers

Jeff

They are not that small. With rapido couplers installed, they about half the length of normal trains. (compared to the standard 20 meter cars) This means you'll need about 1/4 th of the area for a small layout, including half the radius in curves (R280 -> R140). A 4x2 feet normal layout could be made in 2x1 (120x60 cm -> 60x30). This also means they are really good at saving space in 1 to 4 car trains. Anything longer and you might consider going scale length with less cars or with a prototype that have shorter cars (a 12 m full size car and a 20 m shorty is almost the same length).

Edited by kvp