Kato 8620 tender lightboard

Kiha66

When looking at the mechanics of my new 8620 locomotive, I noticed that the tender seems designed to fit a small lightboard to power the tail light.  Does anyone have an idea what would be the board that might fit into that slot? 

20201229_155353_compress34.thumb.jpg.7ecad8fc2f4a01af36c6a1d828b27213.jpg

Edited by Kiha66

That's interesting. I never even considered that there might be an existing light board to fit these rear lights. But I've place LEDs in this position before powered by decoders. 

Is there a little groove under the metal bump with the circle below? If so, the same light board that fits the front light of a C62 seems like it would work. 

There's a picture of it here.

https://www.nscale.net/forums/showthread.php?43560-Mounting-Loksound-decoder-in-KATO-C62-steam-locomotive

Yn9pVlc.png

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, it looks like Kato Japan have no stock so it might be a challenge to get one through a retailer in the US, including Kato. The last run of the C56 was in October 2018 which this is a part for. No other of my Kato team engines came with a tender light from the factory.

As it seems like a standard design in the Kato tenders, seems like an easy thing to produce as a general SL upgrade part.