Generic Buses?

Tony Galiani

I can find plenty of area specific buses but my projects don't - at least for now - don't have specific locales.  When I was in Japan, I purchase one bus that appears to be tour bus and wondering if there are any generic buses available that might fit in a variety of scenes.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Tony Galiani

Hi Tony, 

Unfortunately, there isnt any generic buses made for N scale, though the closest i got was this set as it seems to be generic with no actual area colour scheme...

Otherwise, you might consider the plain/ colourless bus models that comes with the bus storage cases and paint it to you liking ~

• Like 1

The only ones I'm aware of are the old Tomix (pre-Tomytec bus collection) models, e.g 3512, which are quite generic (the destination blinds etc. seem to have the generic place names Tomix provides with its station stickers), and also comparatively crude.

Thanks.  I was thinking that plain buses might not be readily available but thought I would inquire.  I will look out for those items.  And I think there is a new model of a Willer bus coming out so that might be plausible as a tourist bus.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

If you want consistency, I would choose a specific bus company whose livery appeal to you. Then perhaps a few from another to reflect a certain believable diversity and long distances coaches from various companies. Most destination boards are unreadable at this size.

• Like 1

I do know of this Trix bus, and even though it's a "Hamburg" City bus, the only markings I see are the number plates, which could probably be swapped or covered up depending on how the model is put together:

https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/Cars/Bus/Trix-65403/gb/modell_229770.html

That said, the era might be off for you, and the doors might be on the wrong side.

The "World Bus Collection" from Tomytec is also mostly generic, or with small markings. The silver one is the most generic. Again, doors on the right.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=104&cat=rail&state=&sold=0&sortid=0&searchkey=citaro

Honestly, the prevalence of cool Tomytec buses almost has me switching sides on my layout and teaching everyone in town Japanese... It's close.

• Like 1