Anyone Familliar With Weird Pre/Post War O-Gauge?

GDorsett

Got a neat little thingy. The "motour" is archaic, but functional, and is weirdly cute and charming.

It is all metal other than the insulated parts of the wheels and the paper insulation on the thingy underneath the body.

The front wheels are damaged, but it (mostly) stays on the track as long as it gets going fast enough.

Here's some pictures:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/567478439649607699/792108770616279060/1225201348.jpg

1225201359.jpg

1225201359a.jpg

Any assistance in determining make and age would be greatly appreciated.

It looks pre-war to me, but large scales are out of my realm so I don't know for certain.

• Like 1

Wow, that's a pretty interesting find!  I tried doing some googleing but couldn't find much, maybe a facebook group would be a better bet!

Honestly think this might be a homebrew job. Maybe some commercial bits involved but final assembly at home?

Is there any gearing? It looks like the armature is mounted directly on the axle like the Bi-Polar electrics the Milwaukee Road used.

there are no moving parts at all other than the wheels. The axle has a magnet on it and the half-contacts on the front wheels pulsate the electromagnet under the floor in time with the magnet. It's a very crude brushless motour.

• Like 1