Series 500 Eva - will it ever return?

Hi both,

Unfortunately I wasn't into the hobby when the Series 500 Eva was released and I note the astronomical prices the sets go for now on eBay. Will Kato or Tomix ever release it again? It would surely still sell, right? What do you all think?

s-l400.jpg.dc27172db8405e2d2fd6abab7f6847ed.jpg

• Like 1

Kato has released it again, this year or last year (my sense of time is warped due to Covid).

I wouldn’t count on it however due to licensing.

• Sad 1

The best chance for rerelease would be in January when the fourth Rebuild movie comes out but I'm also of the persuasion that licensing will prevent it. Also I imagine Tomix or Kato would have had it up for preorder by now if they wanted it to come out around when the next movie does. 

• Sad 1

I think one of your first issues is looking for a out of production japanese train on ebay.  Ebay prices for Japanese stuff is often hugely inflated, try yahoo auctions japan for finding out of stock stuff for lower prices.  Sometimes you'll have to wait to get the item you want, but its usually much more worth it.

https://buyee.jp/item/search/query/98959/category/2084259591?suggest=1

• Like 1

I‘ve seen the Tomix Eva500 sell for a lot less than 400€ two times this year on eBay. If I a) had the money and b) knew the actual value I‘d have gotten both of them 😄

• Like 1

The Z scale one is still available at reasonable prices.

I'm hoping that one day I'll find the complete B-Train Shorty somewhere

• Like 1

Doubtful it will come back. So many people choose to sell thwir 3-6 months after initial release. And the amount available for sale used shows there isnt a market for a new batch.

Thanks for everyones feedback...given what you've said about it being unlikely to return I decided to get the Tomix 98710 500-7000 Series Sanyo Shinkansen Kodama set! I can always sell that on the off chance that the Eva does return at an affordable price.