Suspicious eBayer? Maybe not?

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

Have a look:

http://myworld.ebay.com/nonkinawide/

He just listed a ton of hard to find Kato sets for a whole lot more than they're worth. I count at least six completely different listings for the Kato Cassiopeia set (with a full complement of locomotives for each stretch of its run) for about $400 more than the items are worth. Anyone know what the deal with this guy is?

Not suspicious, just trying to make a sale to an uninformed foreign buyer (i.e. someone that doesn't read this board).  He probably wouldn't/couldn't sell at those prices on Yahoo Auctions, though I see ridiculous prices there too, though not with Model Rlwy stuff.

CaptOblivious

bikkuri: I think that qualifies as suspicious ;D As in: We should be suspicious of buying from him.

Irony: Kato just announced that they are re-releasing the currently-impossible-to-find Cassiopeia base set in Feb.

He _is_ providing an interesting service though... it's amazing to see the whole collection of rollingstock for the sleeper trains from start to end. Can anyone here say they have everything required to run a Twilight Express from Sapporo to ShinOsaka? I'm only good for a leg from Aomori to Tsuruga as that's where the second green EF81 takes over.

But, yes, the prices are as bad as that other US$250 EF81 seller.

Don't forget to add shipping, he only ships EMS, US$141 for the Cassiopia set. Let's see, that'll be $1030 please! With discount airfares from Australia I could almost go to Japan myself and buy it. ???

I see the phrase '0 bids' a lot, no surprise there, but in the feed back he does have seven satisfied customers. I think I'll stick with Hobby World and Plaza Japan. Plaza has the Relay Tsubami for $148 compared to this guy's $329, shipping (both EMS) $24/$130, so Plaza $172 versus $459.

I wouldn't say uninformed buyer, becasue someone who may not be "informed" is going to do a search on eBay is going to see his prices alongside Hit_Japan, and Plaza Japan's prices as well. It's not going to take anything for any unsuspecting person to see that this guy's pricing is not inline with the other two stores.