Xmas Godzilla for the train person

cteno4

Ok so you want that special odd train gift for your japanese train nut, right?! well here it is. every year carleton does a different godzilla ornament (ok i admit i have them all... my name is jeff and i have a problem). they are quite fun being battery operated and playing godzilla sounds and some lighting up nicely. this years is especially good for the japanese train geek as goji is stomping on a train and eating it! around $25 shipped, you can usually get them after xmas cheaper, some years sold out faster and got expensive fast (see my favorite below which is now like $50 to bag). my 2009 train stomping/munching goji should be here soon!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=godzilla+ornament+2009&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&LH_PrefLoc=2&_odkw=godzilla+ornament&_osacat=0

some videos of previous years goji ornaments i have:

godzilla eating the city

godzilla vs mothra

godzilla vs mechagodzilla

and my first and favorite, godzilla burning the city

enjoy!

jeff

I don't know Jeff, the last video doesn't look like he's burning the city to me....but destroying it by some other means.  :glasses13:

Hey i work at home and stuff like this is my form of a coffee break. its so easy to work very very long hours at home like this i try to throw in some diversions to keep things happy...

jeff

Jeff? Are you actually working over there, LOL  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well radioactive breath doing its job...

I don't know Jeff, the last video doesn't look like he's burning the city to me....but destroying it by some other means.  :glasses13:

So the only way to save the city would be to get a breath mint the size of Pittsburgh?

So the only way to save the city would be to get a breath mint the size of Pittsburgh?

LOL! actually when its not active (ie lighting up) it kind of looks like goji is hurling! hey you eat enough trains and tanks its bound to catch up with you!

jeff

PS was also trying out a quick test on the new camera i got for stockholm!

jr

Hey i work at home and stuff like this is my form of a coffee break. its so easy to work very very long hours at home like this i try to throw in some diversions to keep things happy...

jeff

no, i mean i thought you were out of the country at the moment.

jeff

no, i mean i thought you were out of the country at the moment.

not yet, head to sweden on friday. just been at the computer round the clock to get my work done, hence the need for some distractions! almost there... worth the money and effort though, looking to be a great time!

cheers

jeff

2012 carleton godzilla ornament is out. rather boring, goji steppingon a mazer canon. rather boring, only goji roar and nothing lights up. nice goji casting as usual, just boring total scene... getting a bit more expansive as well. at least some of the older ones are now becoming collectables and prices are going up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carlton-Heirloom-Magic-Ornament-2012-Godzilla-Crushing-a-Tank-CXOR049B-/370642048446?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564bfcd5be

cheers

jeff

2013 came in today. had to wait till close to xmas to get the price to come down! 

pretty nice, better than last years stepping on the mazer cannon that had no lights!

have to start work on the godzilla land diorama!

jeff

2014 godzilla Xmas ornament is coming soon here. This year's Carleton is sort of a throwback to their first with what looks to be radioactive breath lighting up.

http://www.hookedonhallmark.com/2014-Godzilla--Carlton-MAGIC-Ornament--SHIPS-SEPT_p_35871.html

Not to be outdone the American goji has hallmark doing an American goji ornament. Lame, possum headed goji. Makes goji look like an alligator lizard. Goji is no lizard...

http://shop.hallmark.com/christmas/christmas-ornaments/godzilla-1795QXI2553.html

Needless to say you know which I will be buying!

Jeff

Nothing says Christmas like the King of the Monsters!  

I might purchase this year's Carlton, since I don't have a model of 1954 Goji in my collection.  

On the other hand, the Hallmark American Godzilla ornament is apparently of very poor quality according to the guys at Tohokingdom.    

3ic99sn.jpg

yeah quite poor moulding on that and so little detail. the carleton's are much nicer in both quality, art and composition, not to mention they are the true gojis, not the hollywood fakes!

the roar and foot stomps are also poor hollywood imitations on the hallmark. foot stomps are reverbed up to be over the top surround and just not clean and clear. roar is also not the nice clean bravado of japanese goji...

jeff

Got my 2015 Godzilla ornaments from Carelton collection. This year there are two of them! one is Goji stepping on something that is exploding and a second one of King Ghidorah! Both make great sounds and have the usual lighting effects timmed in. Now is the time to buy, prices go down near xmas! sometimes go down further after xmas unless they are getting closer to sold out then the price goes up!

cheers

jeff

• Like 1