Yavianice

"Customs Free" 22 euro limit to be abolished for packages that arrive in the EU

Yavianice

From July 1, 2021, the EU will abolish the "Customs Free" Packages originating from outside the EU that are worth less than 22 euro, ending the era of cheap China import packages.

(German link below, however this applies to all EU countries)

https://www.paketda.de/news-zollfreigrenze-22-euro-abgeschafft.html

In Germany, private people will now be able to "pre-clear" their packages before they arrive and pay the customs fees up front to avoid the "Ransom" fee of 6 euro per package.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Sad 2

Yavaris Forge

I import cheap electronics and other stuff from china quite frequently and, as most chinese stores ship their smaller items in seperate packages, I hope I won't have to declare every single 1€ item for itself😑

roadstar_na6

@Yavaris Forge, you won‘t have to declare every parcel if you‘re okay with paying 6€ to the Post every time. If you‘re not, you can pre-declare the parcel; I‘m assuming you‘ll be able to fill out a form with the tracking ID and upload an invoice so the customs office can bill you directly and parcel can be processed at the airport without any big delays.

I‘ll 100% try this out, it seems like this service will be available from January 1st and I got a pre-order for the end of January.

Yavaris Forge

Yeah and am totally okay with paying the Post 6€ for a 1€ product😂. Yes I suppose it won't be much more than a quick form. I'm interested if it works faster than nowadays.

• Like 2