A fishy accident in Rotterdam

Kiha66

OMG! I would have thought this an elaborate digital April fools joke! One lucky driver to have been supported by the whale! That has to be the most spectacular railroad crash ever! 

kiha, Im taking your seaman’s papers away for calling a whale fishy

jeff

• Haha 2

I emailed a friend in Rotterdam last night and she said it was all over their wake up news radio this am! 

it really is this just has to be a joke!

the driver must have quite shook up if he was in that lead cab as it would have been a 40’ face plant with a hole car coming down on top of you!

jeff

• Like 1

So no one has said it, so I’ll take the groans...

I guess this accident was a real fluke...

ok I’m ducking

jeff

• Haha 1
Martijn Meerts

The artist that came up with those whales figures the metro should be left there and become part of the statue 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Two crane lift. Friend in Rotterdam says it’s been lots of live streaming of the event to keep spectator crowds from forming.

https://www.rijnmond.nl/nieuws/200749/Zo-ging-de-berging-van-het-metrostel-in-Spijkenisse

That was interesting to watch and listen to.  The reporter spoke rather quickly and he sounded rather Swiss to me in his manner of speech (as I don't speak Dutch nor Swiss German though I do speak German).  The other people not so much -- more "Dutch" sounding to the ears.   One of the official yellow vest guys almost sounded "American" in his vowels and accent in some words and sentences.

Folks will say it's a whale of a tale, but I say that's no fluke! The driver failed to properly pilot the train, ending up where he did.  Apparently he's a blubbering mess.  Thankfully, no one was krilled.  Authorities say the accident would have been far worse had the train hit the wright whale rather than the one on the left.  Meanwhile, news of the accident has been podcast around the world.

... that's it ... that's all I got ...

• Haha 4