New trains for the Toei Mita Line

The Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Transportation annouced today that it will adding new trains to the Mita line for the first time in 22 years. The new trains are called the 6500 series. It will have more capacity, more free spaces, and Wi-Fi. (Photos are from the Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Transportation https://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/pickup_information/news/subway/2020/sub_p_202010299373_h.html)

https://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/pickup_information/news/i/2020/sub_p_202010289373_h_01.png

https://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/pickup_information/news/i/2020/sub_p_202010289373_h_02.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It just got named in an Internet contest, bricky Mc brick brick.

designer must have gotten frustrated coming up with a new looks so went back to a rectangle. Even edges are cut angular!

jeff

10 hours ago, trainsforever8 said:

Compared to the Asakusa line.. this is quite conservative. It's actually like the E235 series without the coloured dots in front.

At least the E235 front still has some curves.

trainsforever8

I don't necessarily mind the "square" design, I think I get what their were trying to go for. I just wish they did something with the colours in the front at least. 

I have a feeling they were trying to look minimalist and "high-tech"-ish?  But it just didn't work 

• Like 1

Nice delivery shot!  I like the way the train is wrapped, almost like a present!  I wonder if that's mostly to avoid damage in transport, or to allow for a proper unveiling when the railroad is ready to present it. 

It's a steel brick with a big blue line.

Compared to some of the latest new trains, this is a really boring design, but sometimes that's a good thing.

I find quite a bit of modern design way to busy - as if things are designed for people with no attention span.  Modern cars seem almost baroque to me with lines and details everywhere.  This design is quite spartan - which in a way makes it distinctive.  I like it as a sort of Bauhaus train design.

Cheers,

Tony Galiani

Yavaris Forge

Well in the video it looked a bit nicer than on the picture and I do like the kind of minimalist design but they could have added a bit more color to the stainless steel. Maybe a second smaller stripe at the top of the cars.

Kinki Sharyo make.  I like their interiors from previous models, so these could be the same.  They somehow give off that "high grade" Kansai vibe compared to products from J-Trec, which seem more designed to be easily recyclable rather than imparting solidity.  Purely subjective, of course. 

• Like 1

Testing earlier this month within the grounds of the Shimura Rolling Stock Depot in Itabashi Ward:

Edited by bikkuri bahn
  • Like 4

Angular, yes, but it looks fine.  Probably saves some money on manufacturing costs as compared to the E261 or Seibu 001.

Reminds me a bit of the KIHA 126, which I always thought was the legitimate successor to the KIHA 40.

Edited by miyakoji

Really dislike the front. That featureless black void eats at my soul with all its inexistent teeth.

I don’t mind boxy, I mind the lack of features.

On 11/1/2020 at 4:54 PM, Kiha66 said:

Nice delivery shot!  I like the way the train is wrapped, almost like a present!  I wonder if that's mostly to avoid damage in transport, or to allow for a proper unveiling when the railroad is ready to present it. 

I can take or leave the new train, but the EF65 hauling it looks great! 👍

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, bikkuri bahn said:

Testing earlier this month within the grounds of the Shimura Rolling Stock Depot in Itabashi Ward:

Interesting to see the train being driven hard on a relatively short stretch of track. I'm not sure I'd want to do that... 🤔

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1