Custom Advertisements and Signs Using Wrappers

So recently I was eating one of my favorite Chocolate bars I had in Japan and had a revelation. Upon inspecting the wrapper I noticed a small text on packaging. I had just constructed the Sankei advertisement signs and needed to put something on them so I decided to use the wrapper.

This is great because Now I have an add for my favorite chocolate on my layout. It's a nice personal touch and it looks great.

fugggggg.thumb.jpg.857246907c66b0654c4be23bbb17b333.jpg

Recently I also got my hands on the Japanese exclusive Mountain Dew Violet. Once again I noticed a small logo on the can and decided to get to work. I don't have any construction pictures but basically I cut out a part of the can or wrapper and then put it on whatever I wanted to place it on. For the Mt.Dew sign I used bits of styrene and scraps from my Sankei kits to make a frame of sorts.

I don't know If this has been done before but either way I hope this can help someone out in making their layout more personalized. I think having adds for products that actually exist make the look of the scene much more fun.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lol you are getting the “eye” for looking at things to be used like this on the layout! There are bits like this all over the place to reuse of scale down. Next you will be walking thru the craft store looking for bits that can be details on the layout and you’ll get suspect of shoplifting for oddly wandering around the store!

Have to be careful of language. I once used a good looking block of text on one sign years ago (Pre picture translate days) out of a magazine. One of our club members who spoke and read Japanese asked when seeing it out on the club layout the first time Why there was text for how to fit bras on the building?

using the wrapper is great idea, going to have to save some of the Japanese KitKat wrappers.

if stuff is not the right size just scan and reprint to the right size.

jeff

Yeah I know some of the text on my layout isn't correct but I'm pretty sure it's nothing to wacky. I also don't think anyone will except those select few will notice.