Anything Prototype Bus Related

JR 500系

Coming one after another! 

I think there are more buses here than Sammy has!!!!  Could you see Sammy there?

Videos by tanikou768.     Start dash!  Weekday morning Hiroshima Station Bus Terminal

[Coming one after another! ] Weekday morning rush Hiroshima Bus Center part1

Coming one after another! ] Weekday morning rush Hiroshima Bus Center part2

Edited by bill937ca
  • Thanks 1
On 4/15/2021 at 8:51 AM, JR 500系 said:

I think this bus was made into a model by Tomytec  Any idea why this bus was so special to receive a model made after it? I mean, i do see quite a number of 3-door buses (even those by Kanto bus) around...

Three-door buses seem to be most common in Europe. I would say they are great for short, high turnover routes.  Maybe it was the novelty that led Tomytec to issue a 3-foor model.

Wow now this is interesting... a REAL LIFE Tomytec bus moving system ~~

It seems to be totally driverless, and a scheme to bring back income for the badly performing company, and to also reduce reliance on drivers (if my limited Japanese serves me well..) 

• Like 1

Yeah, provided you have a registered parking spot and the appropriate license you can own and drive any road-legal vehicle, AFAIK.

• Thanks 1
On 10/5/2021 at 5:29 PM, railsquid said:

Yeah, provided you have a registered parking spot and the appropriate license you can own and drive any road-legal vehicle, AFAIK.

Haha yeah but i might dread parking it after use, unless i have a HUGE yard to maneuver! 

Wow 1960s, a blast back to the pass.... can see the huge British influence back in 1960s... So that explains the need to grab one of those routemaster double deckers in N scale and wouldnt feel out of place on the layout now ~  😛