Anything Prototype Bus Related

JR 500系

Coming one after another! 

I think there are more buses here than Sammy has!!!!  Could you see Sammy there?

Videos by tanikou768.     Start dash!  Weekday morning Hiroshima Station Bus Terminal

[Coming one after another! ] Weekday morning rush Hiroshima Bus Center part1

Coming one after another! ] Weekday morning rush Hiroshima Bus Center part2

Edited by bill937ca
  • Thanks 1
On 4/15/2021 at 8:51 AM, JR 500系 said:

I think this bus was made into a model by Tomytec  Any idea why this bus was so special to receive a model made after it? I mean, i do see quite a number of 3-door buses (even those by Kanto bus) around...

Three-door buses seem to be most common in Europe. I would say they are great for short, high turnover routes.  Maybe it was the novelty that led Tomytec to issue a 3-foor model.

Wow now this is interesting... a REAL LIFE Tomytec bus moving system ~~

It seems to be totally driverless, and a scheme to bring back income for the badly performing company, and to also reduce reliance on drivers (if my limited Japanese serves me well..) 

• Like 1

Yeah, provided you have a registered parking spot and the appropriate license you can own and drive any road-legal vehicle, AFAIK.

• Thanks 1
On 10/5/2021 at 5:29 PM, railsquid said:

Yeah, provided you have a registered parking spot and the appropriate license you can own and drive any road-legal vehicle, AFAIK.

Haha yeah but i might dread parking it after use, unless i have a HUGE yard to maneuver! 

Wow 1960s, a blast back to the pass.... can see the huge British influence back in 1960s... So that explains the need to grab one of those routemaster double deckers in N scale and wouldnt feel out of place on the layout now ~  😛

On 11/14/2022 at 8:43 PM, bill937ca said:

A bus for bicycles (inside the bus that is).  From the Iyotetsu blog with photos.

Sounds like an idea stolen from the Boso Bicycle Base train ~  🙂

• Like 1

[Close to retirement] [Japan's only trailer bus] I got on the Nishi-Tokyo Bus No. 520 Seishun-go Tsurutsuru Onsen Line.

o drive, you need to have a class 2 towing license, and even bus drivers who have a class 2 license for large vehicles cannot drive on this route unless they have a class 2 towing license. It has been announced that it will retire at the end of March 2023 due to the aging of the vehicle.

Video by Osawakai18 channel

• Like 1

Indeed.. One of the very unique buses! I guess another reason is the lack of the drivers with the required qualifications to drive the vehicle. This is happening to Singapore as well, where they are looking at phasing out the articulated buses, since i reckon they need a 'Class 5 (in our context) license, like those who drive semi trucks and mobile cranes, in order to drive the articulated buses, since they behave almost like a prime mover/ semi truck...

• Like 1

It's unusual to see buses on typical 4 meter wide street.  Usually traffic is limited a few Kei cars or trucks seemingly on deliveries. This is just outside the JR Kichijoji bus station and approaching the Keio Inokashira Line station.

That is an Odakyu Bus. Kanto Bus and Seibu Bus serve the bus rotary on the north side of the Kichijoji JR station. There also ae multiple airport coach operators.

Dangerous Bus Street at South Exit of Kichijoji Station

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

Staff with whistles and illuminated batons and megaphones to alert people to approaching buses are present along that road during busy periods (this is the road if anyone was wondering, albeit at a less crowded time when the entrance to the road is not zealously guarded, allowing the Google car to sneak along it).

• Like 2

For Tokyo's Bus Spotters, The Olympics Really Are All About The Journey

TOKYO — Outside the Tokyo 2020 media press center and Olympic venues, amateur photographers are snapping pictures. Not of the people, but the hundreds of buses shuttling foreign journalists, athletes and officials.

https://www.npr.org/sections/tokyo-olympics-live-updates/2021/08/05/1025025347/a-different-tokyo-olympic-sport-bus-spotting

A longer version of the Kichijoji South Park Exit bus narrow bus road.

【Crazy bus route】Dangerous roads in Tokyo    I went to see one of the most feared bus routes in Tokyo. Hats off to the Odakyu Bus and Keio Bus drivers who run here every day.  Video by [Bus Sergeant] How to walk in the bus industry

• Like 3