Anything Prototype Bus Related

JR 500系

1 hour ago, mukade said:

Not sure which bus you are referring to, but the guideway bus is in Nagoya (see Wikipedia article). 

The double decker Willer coach routes more than likely originate in Tokyo (see Wikipedia article for all Willer routes).

The Willer bus with the lights they are discussing!!

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10575044

So it runs in Tokyo and Osaka? Than I'll pre-order one.

6 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Just what Tomytec needs.  Bus on rails.  Runs your buses through tunnels over viaduscts!

Wont need the steering mech!

jeff

Very small bus terminal n Yamanashi Prefecture at Uenohara station  This terminal apparently has been redeveloped since this video was filmed.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

Morning rush hour at Nagano Station bus terminal, a city of 370,632.  Lots of cars and almost no trucks. Video by naha478.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
bill937ca

Yokohama Station East Exit bus terminal. There is another large bus terminal at the west exit too.. Video by Shijin Rider

• Like 3
bill937ca

Tokyu Tsunashima Station [East Exit Bus Terminal] One of the narrowest bus terminals in Japan    Video by Shijin Rider.

• Like 1
bill937ca

Yokohama west bus terminal.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

OK, these got me to got watch bus vids at Mito Station.

This one does morning rush at the North Entrance.   We can certainly pack in a lot more Ibaraki Kotsu buses with the blue and red stripe for our layout, and  a good proportion more of the Non-Step too!  There is a nice variety of trucks sprinkled through the traffic, and joy of joys, several flatbeds each hauling a pair of 12' containers, not surprising since there is a small koki terminal just down from the station; 3 of them appear between 1:45 and 3:05.

• Like 2
JR 500系

Nice! Looking at all these bus videos give me inspiration for my bus terminal project coming up... I have secured a large display area and hopefully I shall be able to run the moving bus system finally! 

• Like 3
bill937ca
On 2/14/2020 at 10:45 AM, Cat said:

Next transportation shopping goal: a small fleet of black taxis with just a couple of white ones in the mix.  Between Tomytec and Kato, they want to sell us taxis of every different colour.  Studying Google Street Views around Mito and Katsuta stations, the lines of taxis are all black with a single white one in each line.  

Today I've learned of a relatively new tall wagon type of taxi that I am was not previously aware of. I don't know if these are available or if they are found in Ibaraki. Sometimes called a Tokyo 2020 taxi.

It is called Jpn Tax and made by Toyota.. They have been for sale since October 2017.

https://toyota.jp/jpntaxi/

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/トヨタ・ジャパンタクシー

Japan taxi article    https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/日本のタクシー

Edited by bill937ca

Those Jpn Tax look cool!  Haven't spotted any in google streetviews around Mito or Katsuta though, nor 1:150 models yet.

Watching the bus vids at Mito Station proved to be fruitful though.  Cross-checking with Tomytec bus models, discovered that they have two types of Kantetsu Green Bus that both appear regularly.  There are a few others that Tomytec has not done, including a cream and red livery that I can't identify the operator.

Haven't been able to find any vids of bus traffic outside Katsuta Station, just a number of front-view rides from inside the bus.  Those do include a few short scenes of other buses pulling in.

Sammy,

The state of the Hiroshima Bus Center on weekday mornings (7 to 9 o'clock) at 8x speed. Shooting date: September 3, 2020 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ooh i can feel sammy twitching all the way here in DC! he's probably more reved up than having 10 double cappuccinos!

love the zooming whine when they go by.

jeff

• Haha 2

HAHA you guys know me ssssoooo well!  😛

They sounded like those little Tamiya 4WD racers zooming pass the oval track!  😁  I just realise i didnt seem to see any models on the orange coloured Hiroden buses? 

I enjoyed the video, though it would seriously send me more twitching if it was a Toei bus terminal video!  😀

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

I enjoyed the video, though it would seriously send me more twitching if it was a Toei bus terminal video! 

sammy we would never do that to you, it would probably put you into catatonic shock!

jeff

• Haha 1
  • cteno4 pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Tonytramman said:

can I just add that I already had enough Japanese feeds on my YouTube now it's full of buses too!

Been there. Done that.

• Like 1

One thing that surprises me is that there don't seem to be an pure electric busses, at least none that I have seen. They are all hybrid.

There are large fleets of electric busses in China, but I think the Japanese operators only buy Japanese busses so are waiting for Japanese manufacturers to catch up. Anyone know if any are in development, or even on the road?