Greenmax Economy Kits and Power Packs

shazzner

Hi there, I've been assembling a few greenmax economy kits (because I like model kits and making custom trains). The goal is to be able to drive it (and convert it to dcc but not there yet), the package recommends 5715 (20mm) power pack, so I ordered a few for other kits as well.

Unfortunately it seems to not be the correct size? All the documentation states that this is the correct power pack but as you can see in the image below it's about 2-3mm off each side. I could probably 3d print something to make it fit more snug but I'm worried about the couplers being too far recessed and causing issues.

My Japanese is very basic, but from what I can tell the instructions don't seem to mention this as an issue. Is this normal or is something off somewhere?

Edit: see photos below

Edited by shazzner

What's the kit?

With the extensions that holds the couplers it should fit snugly. At least that's how the non-kits work. As @chadbagasked, it would be easier to judge with a few more pictures.

Seems like HS messed that up. They list the non-coreless 21m chassis for it which is also mentioned in the product pictures.

Edited by roadstar_na6

What's weird is all the documentation lists the 5715 (20m B) power pack for it, including on the box and instructions.

Edit: ahh I see the 5512 (21m) references now, interesting.

Edited by shazzner

The machine translation text for the 20m power chassis is a bit confusing and do mention something 21m long Kintetsu cars. Maybe you could try to translate the sheet using the mobile Google translation app?

Also, did you try actually running the cars together? On the pictures from HS, the couplers seems pretty recessed. It’s hard to judge like this, if HS did make an error or not.