Directional lighting and older Sanriku Type 36s

nah00

So I have some the older Tomix Type 36 DMUs for Sanriku Railway that don't have directional lighting installed. Is there any easy way to do this that I'm missing? It seems that installing interior lighting is easy enough on some but is it just as easy as swapping the chassis for the one from Type 36-700 that is lit? I just got the Kamaishi set and haven't had a chance to see if the chassis fits and wonder if anyone had experience with this, I have one of the Kit-Kat cars and the 'North Sanriku Railway' Japanese saloon car too that I'm pretty aren't lit either. I found a separate power chassis from Tomix but it looks like it doesn't have the option for lighting. 

Anyone have experience with this? 

Gordon Werner
7 hours ago, nah00 said:

So I have some the older Tomix Type 36 DMUs for Sanriku Railway that don't have directional lighting installed. Is there any easy way to do this that I'm missing? It seems that installing interior lighting is easy enough on some but is it just as easy as swapping the chassis for the one from Type 36-700 that is lit? I just got the Kamaishi set and haven't had a chance to see if the chassis fits and wonder if anyone had experience with this, I have one of the Kit-Kat cars and the 'North Sanriku Railway' Japanese saloon car too that I'm pretty aren't lit either. I found a separate power chassis from Tomix but it looks like it doesn't have the option for lighting. 

Anyone have experience with this? 

Have you tried ISM Works? https://ism-works.shop-pro.jp

or Densha.me ? https://en.densha.me/

They offer aftermarket lighting ... ISM works does a lot of kits for TomyTec Railway Collection vehicles ... If you don't see it at ISM works, ask. I know in the past that they have added ones that they do not currently offer

I cannot find the post here ... but I've converted some of my Keihan 600/700 series units with ISM Works' lighting. Isn't too difficult to do.

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Turns out ISM works does have them, also they have lighting for my Railway Collection HK100 which I may try first. Do you need to do any soldering with these or is it all basically contacts? These don't look crazy difficult to install.

roadstar_na6

They have instructions uploaded for every kit which you can translate with an online PDF translator. No soldering required, only a bit of cutting and glueing iirc

• Thanks 1

Now to not spend a fortune on lighting all my cars without directional lighting...though as a bonus you pay less for interior lighting through them.