Sign in to follow this  
disturbman

Tomix Assy Parts - Non-motorized Chassis

disturbman

Does anybody know if It's possible to buy non-motorized chassis from Tomix? I have a few too many motorized KiHas that I would like to unmotorized. I do not need two motors for a three-car consist. HS only gives me motorized parts and I cannot read Tomix assy part table (https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/stocklist/pdf/nzaiko.pdf)

JR 500系

I think it should be 床板・シート which provides un-motorised chassis parts, however, by going through the list, i was unable to find any for Kihas....

Any particular Kiha chassis you are looking for? 

It's times like this we wish we had a Popondetta or Tam Tam nearby where they sell used (and cheap) spare carriages.....

• Like 1

disturbman

Thanks JR, I'm looking for a couple of modernized JR West キハ40-2000 chassis.

Definitely, I would love to be able to pop at Popondetta, Pochi or Tam Tam to buy a few junk cars for spare parts. I might have to ask Masaharu at RRG if they can slowly source them for me. YAJ is not a good place to get this kind of parts.

cteno4

Maybe post models needed and do a chassis swap with someone?

jeff

disturbman

Maybe, though after my failed search for a replacement PS16 pantograph, I'm not too keen on relying on us. I wrote to RRG, let's see what they say.