maid girls

Saw them as well... I don't like maid-uniforms and I'm not modelling Otaku-City (Akihabara), so I'm not buying them. Not into that horrible 'moe' stuff anyways. Just give me some fine pottery, arts or food and I'm satisfied (when it comes to other aspects of the Japanese culture, rather then them trains).

Tbh, I was tempted by them, but then realised I didn't need 'em and I'd feel bad if I bought these bric-à-brac ornaments.

CaptOblivious

I despite the maid uniforms, and generally anything moe, but since I'm modeling Akihabara Station, I feel compelled, in just the way that those who hate graffiti, but want to be realistic, feel compelled to put graffiti on their trains...except graffiti isn't (by nature) horrifically sexist.

CaptOblivious

Moe?

Japanese neologism for deliberately and disgustingly cute. Except I use it as a term of contempt where most use it in precisely the opposite sense...

Moe?

pronounced, "moe'ay"

Don't worry, the Japanese don't use the term either except for the small otaku population. ask the average Japanese don't knows what it means and they'll look at you like you're nuts if you ask.

Ah yeah, Moe (萌)... One of my housemates is quite into that stuff. You know, Touhou, Haruhi, Vocaloid. That kind of things. I do not dare to speak out the forbidden word(s) or else he'll start a conversation about it with me and I don't want that.

I have to say I have a shirt with the character 萌 prominent on the front, but I only wear it at home nowadays to annoy my gf. Also, I own one of the Tetsudou Musume figures, but that's just because it's in a Keisei uniform. I had a homestay near Keisei-Takasago in Tokyo and bought it just for the great memories of that station.

At that time hosting Keisei RR, Hokuso Koutsuu, Asakusa Subway and Keikyuu RR. Supporting the Keisei-Honsen, Kanamachi-Line, Hokuso-Line, the Asakusa-Line and a local railway depot from Keisei. A very interesting and utterly busy station when you realise only four tracks support the system there. The Skyliner didn't stop there however. The railway crossing was closed most of the time.

Shunting action, pass-through Skylines, terminating local services (Kanamachi-line) and normal services next to the Airport Kaitoku (エアポート快特) were all to be seen there. Then the Genkotsu-Type 7000 Series was still running. Strange looking thing it was... AGH! I want to go back there and foam 'til I drop!