Just For Fun Unitram

bill937ca

Yeah I get that mate,with your skills you could probs do your own.If you re thinking point to point you could probs get a away with train track and just put tram track at either end for the tram station/stops👍😀

29 minutes ago, Tonytramman said:

I think this will need some kind of lighting though..

I ve already got the bulbs for that,I M ust going to hotglue(our favourite😂😂)3mm leds to the underside and also drop the building lights through and wire them underneath the raised area with one feed going through one of the piers to the underside of the baseboard.

👍👍😀

• Like 1

That looks very nice mate! well done! 

May i suggest another carnival like your previous Star Wars theme park? This time we might have cherry blossoms and matsuri to add that really nice Japanese feel! I'm starting to picture mascots all over that raised platform area ~  😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

I was nt trying to intentionally create  that 😂😂 I just thought it may look good😂😂

I just had a gigantic déjà-vu when I saw the road under the upper plate. As if I was being sent back to La Défense or the Front de Seine/Beaugrenelle, in Paris. These urbanistic attempts never really worked out.

I'm curious to see what you will come up with. You could very easily have a two-track (or more) viaduct and a station passing up there. Could make for a very nice seen and break a bit the layout visually. Would also be very Japanese.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, disturbman said:

Hahaha.

A carnival up there would be quite something.

Mmm, maybe😂😂👍

have to wait and see👍😂🤣😂

• Like 1

This week I recieved a lot of stuff I ve been waiting for and this morning the Outland buildings arrived,all 21 of them👍😀

so today I finished off the car park area,I re covered the top with a tile effect card to add some intrest and colour,this will have a fancy white railing around when it arrives.Tomorrow I ll fit some lights underneath to illuminate the car park and road.

I then drilled and glued all the lights and flipped it to wire them in.

Next job will be to do the car park raised area by adding lights underneath and signs around the edges.
Also added some signs and traffic lights.

I just know Sammy is going to crucify me over these cars but they are only for filling up the car parks😂😂👍

sorry buddy😂😂

E8396168-1BEA-4AB3-BF41-5CA9AF80FC77.thumb.jpeg.8093cca0d39b5146d6a58c2bed55bd4d.jpeg

7ACFE992-55DC-40E7-A2D8-13CD2ABDFDB4.thumb.jpeg.8a254e9297e3e4bbadd156b6e781c395.jpeg

91E10366-DEE0-4AAD-AD50-C316B58B58C7.thumb.jpeg.3a654741a1ae982b4cfd3c6ec8b9f82b.jpeg

E69ADDE3-C5B1-4A1D-92A1-8C2C22B1DE25.thumb.jpeg.d00b5cab22ddc72846388ca278c134c7.jpeg

DC647CCB-3FB6-4579-8191-4EF4F5EE2F7B.thumb.jpeg.4de9f239da7bdd905e3a83d5aed35355.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

thanks for the comments buddy👍😀

Tim, I chickened out for six years,mainly due to the cost! The tomix track is pretty good and a bit more versatility with the diferent radius curves but its dificult to get without paying a fortune for postage.

All I can say is this, the tomix is good value for money,but the KATO is top notch mate and worth every penny,of course that’s only my opinion mate.

my advice,do it!! You wo nt regret it mate,but then I m good at spending other people’s money😂😂👍

• Like 1

to be fair, it took me two years to take the plunge with the Kato but it well worth it and if you buy small bits off the web bit at a time not the starter set like me then it's doable..

• Like 1

In fairness, the Kato could be easier to get hold of as I would just grab it from traintrax I'm getting really tempted to work out how much I'd need for a small end-to-end

• Like 2

Tim, I looked at that yesterday and if you use your own controller, assuming you have one, I reckon you could do a small layout quite reasonably ..

• Like 1

..loooking at Google Earth, the Toyama lines have potential, normal ballasted tracks and passing loops, lend themselves to a small (or Large) layout. one or two portrams, lots of potential..

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TimWay4 said:

In fairness, the Kato could be easier to get hold of as I would just grab it from traintrax I'm getting really tempted to work out how much I'd need for a small end-to-end

There are new Kato trams coming out in December. They should make it to the UK sometime in 2021.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10707592

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10707591

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10707591/30/1

• Thanks 1