Just For Fun Unitram

bill937ca

Not hijacking at all buddy.

its a good setup really,trams are a bit fast thoπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚I d be throwing upπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

we all know what goes in to making a layout and how dificult it can be at times so what he s produced is quite an achievement in my opinion,with a bit of fine tuning it could be very good.

thanks for sharing Tony.

ps. I love that KATO park and car park set but can’t get it anywhere at the mo😞😞

Edited by Pauljag900
17 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Some eBay finds arrived this morning,cars are unknown but the rest are tomytec.

09A86107-30F7-4B25-9238-87306F32EC46.thumb.jpeg.c30a00846c977de8edbc0311d579298d.jpeg

Β 

U know what i'm gonna say mate.... Those buses are great!Β  πŸ™‚ It brings a smile to my face to see such nice Tomytec buses on your lovely layout! Those cabstar small trucks make a nice addition too!

Β 

Let me know if you need more cars... i think i kinda have 'too many' of them that i cant use....Β  πŸ˜›

Β 

17 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Β 

B2C1520A-88C5-428D-9680-4C944150CD72.thumb.jpeg.28b37323ad60e7e9e58bb8ab73d9aa82.jpeg

Β 

Those buildings look lovely now! Amazing what those lovely advertisement boards can do to make what looks like boring plain buildings into a nice Japan skyline!

• Like 3
12 hours ago, bill937ca said:

An old Bachmann PCC by the Woolworth's. I was checking out clearance at the safety island with various streetcars.

IMG_8355 1024 x 768.jpg

The small hobby department in Woolworth was where my dad bought my first train set. 😊

• Like 3
8 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

The small hobby department in Woolworth was where my dad bought my first train set. 😊

I'm pretty sure the present of myΒ Tyco set (second after a much earlier Hornby) came from Woolworth's.Β  As did many more Tyco cars and AHM buildings to follow.

I think if the Green Line here in Boston were still running the PCC's, we would be having far fewer break-downs than we have with every generation of newer cars that have come along since their retirement!

• Like 4

Problem is that too many of Boston's PCCs were WWII vintage "War Cars"Β  (225 of 346) and MBTA never kept up there maintenance even in the 1960s and 1970s. Most PCCs operating today are post-war PCCs.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

True that, but still, the newer not-PCC cars start breaking down as soon as they put them in service here.

Edited by Cat
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Cat said:

I'm pretty sure the present of myΒ Tyco set (second after a much earlier Hornby) came from Woolworth's.Β  As did many more Tyco cars and AHM buildings to follow.

I think if the Green Line here in Boston were still running the PCC's, we would be having far fewer break-downs than we have with every generation of newer cars that have come along since their retirement!

My first train set was a Tyco Chatanooga something - I still have one of the freight cars that came with it and came with a Southern 0-6-0 which I've tried to replicate. Β And yes they had a bunch of AHM and still on the hunt for a Muni Boeing LRV. Β 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

I was wondering when you would get to portrams!

Β 

jeff

There s a motorised tomytec portram on eBay that finishes tomorrow and I m watching it very closely πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
this Mainz tram was a buy it now.

Edited by Pauljag900

While waiting for buildings and lights I decided to add some detail in the form of road signs and traffic lights.I realised that it all looks a bit flat so

decidedΒ to create a raised area.

I had a rummage through my left overs box and came up with this,I used old t track boards,3mm mdf,Kato track piers,an old staircase from the overhead stationΒ and some tile card.

the two square areas and the card across the back will be parking spaces.

Quite a bit of detailing and tidying up to do but this is the basics of it.

just enough room underneath for single story buildings and shops etc on top creating like a plaza area.5244A9C9-E1AD-4FC6-BB44-424AA2DE2732.thumb.jpeg.e1f891a3c078b0f703d3f55aecb18456.jpeg
Β 

10581AD2-C927-4DB2-B34F-57DC0E3EAE41.thumb.jpeg.bb4c4c98ad530fb9fd58c3226d6f7a5f.jpeg

Β 

2127382B-AAB6-46E7-BD47-FB0EDB418902.thumb.jpeg.1fac099330b39bea5f89170d1daebe67.jpeg
Β 

222EE080-B856-4D3D-9690-264989C03EE1.thumb.jpeg.caced333ed0aef70e5058ff864c599d8.jpeg

• Like 4
Martijn Meerts

Pretty sure Paul has a machine that stretches time, so his days are 48 hours instead of 24.. That would also explain the slight lag on Zoom πŸ˜‰

Β 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, disturbman said:

This looks so much like thisΒ 60s/70s urbanism that tried to separate foot traffic from motor traffic.

I was nt trying to intentionally createΒ Β that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I just thought it may look goodπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It looks a bit rubbish as it is but I ve got lots to do on it, I ve just ordered some decorative railings for around the top and will add some signs to the edges of it to dress it up a bit.

I ve always been able to imagine how things will look when they re done so hopefully it turns out ok,that said I have been known to get it wrong on more than one occasion πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

worst case is if it looks crap IΒ ll just remove it and re do the ground cover!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

U

7 minutes ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Pretty sure Paul has a machine that stretches time, so his days are 48 hours instead of 24.. That would also explain the slight lag on Zoom πŸ˜‰

Β 

Β 
jeff wouldΒ nt let me in the meetingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

All the kids are grown up and left home now,house is pretty much sorted so when my wife is working I split my time between household chores and modelling, 20% house and 80% modelling,you have to get your priorities right mate!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

to say nothing of the fact that I just love model makingπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜€and I think you all know that with me it has to be done yesterdayπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Martijn Meerts
22 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

and I think you all know that with me it has to be done yesterday

Β 

See, time machine πŸ˜„

Β 

I've been building the top of the helix, which essentially could also be used as the base of a (tram) layout. I wasn't going to add one, but I might reconsider seeing this thread. I wouldn't want a loop, bit more a point to point with both ends hidden. Not sure I'd use Unitram either, looks a bit too modern for what I want πŸ™‚

Β 

• Like 1