Just For Fun Unitram

bill937ca

That’ll keep you out of trouble for a while Paul! Just don’t huff too much paint fumes!

we want floors and individual room/floor lighting! 

jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
35 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

Hey Paul, here's a scene you can model in your Tram layout.  

IMG_8575.thumb.JPG.6bb75e0462fa6b35fe872e84c4cf8b91.JPG

watch this space👍😂

you ve sent me that before and I was looking for it yesterday👍👍👍thanks junior

• Like 2

Paul,

you need to do a google street view tour thru tokyo! You have a lot of great starting points coming soon in the mail!

jeff

• Like 1

So looking for nice trams and there does nt seem to be too many about at the moment so I came up with plan B and decided To concentrate on the layout itself.

However I ordered another of the pocketline trams from my usual supplier yesterday,it arrived this morning,£38 inc postage.

the original one I bought a few weeks ago has been stripped and will accompany me too work this afternoon where one of the wing sprayers is going to airbrush all the green to Ferrari red👍👍😀

Also arrived is the rest of my roadway and some paints for the Outland buildings,though looking at pictures of Tokyo the majority seem to be concrete grey or white so I ll be leaving quite a few as they are.

BDDE6B62-AA60-406C-9A7D-4F6ABA202105.jpeg

• Like 2

Some of the game centers are red in Tokyo.  Usually its the odd building that has color. The color usually comes from electric signs after dark.  There is a brown building at Shimbashi and lots of banners on buildings!

https://mithunonthe.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/club-sega-sofmap-akihabara-tokyo.jpg

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/14/a5/c8/11/sl.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers Bill,I ve got a few colours and that’s what I m planning to do ,just the odd one and a load of stickers,!😂

Ha ha,thanks Tony,

i know you have your own thread but this thread is nt exclusive buddy so feel free to contribute with updates on your layout mate👍😀😀

Edited by Pauljag900

Loving this thread, though it does keep pushing me closer to adding yet ANOTHER project to the list -_- Keep up the good work 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Tonytramman said:

lol, yours is more interesting though!

They re all interesting Tony,including yours,

they re just diferent👍👍😃

cheers mate, plan to do some modeling this weekend.. hopefully ..I really like your depot building, I assume it is the Kato one. Oh dear had a look on the Train trax website and there are some tempting trams in the future but bit of a price..

Tony

19 hours ago, TimWay4 said:

Loving this thread, though it does keep pushing me closer to adding yet ANOTHER project to the list -_- Keep up the good work 🙂 

you know it makes sense..

• Haha 1
Martijn Meerts
23 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

So looking for nice trams and there does nt seem to be too many about at the moment

Pretty sure there should be some Enoden available. Even though the line is classified as a train line, it sure looks more like a tram line, and they have some lovely rolling stock.

33 minutes ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Pretty sure there should be some Enoden available. Even though the line is classified as a train line, it sure looks more like a tram line, and they have some lovely rolling stock.

Cheers Martijn,any links buddy?

👍😀

Yeah I liked that too, considering the state of it and that a new one will set you back about £85 I thought £35 + postage was a bit expensive considering, but that "very good box" almost makes up for it right 😝

• Haha 2
Martijn Meerts
54 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Cheers Martijn,any links buddy?

👍😀

No links, they usually sell out pretty quick on HS, but I believe quite a lot of them are manufactured, so it should be possible to find on auctions and such. They are really nice little trains and well worth getting, especially the painted S.K.I.P Go versions, for example https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10064262

• Like 1

what tram cars do you have? sometimes Bachmann PCC or Brill cars come up on auction sites, but seem to be less common lately, I want a couple for the mechs which is tried method in OO/HO tramway modeling. 

Tony

I ve had one Bachman brill trolley that I bought second hand and it ran like a bag of nails and could nt improve it after a clean and service

i also had two of the Bachman Peter Witt trolleys that come with dcc fitted, fine at first but then problems with it stopping all the time

i sent them both away and had the dcc disconnected to run dc, absolutely fine after that mate

i think bill is having similar issues with his?