683-8000 Snow Rabbit Express - what to run with it?

Mutley

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to branch out with my rolling stock, all of which is currently based upon trains I have seen running in the Tokyo area.

Part of me is thinking that if I like the look of something, I'll just get it and my wife has (hopefully!) ordered this for me for my birthday: https://www.katomodels.com/product/n/683kei8000.  I found it available new on the Gaugemaster UK website and it's now showing as 'out of stock' now, so hopefully it was her … 😊

However ... the part of me that likes things to be 'right', is wondering what would have run alongside it? 

Looking around on YouTube, or even Wikipedia I can't quite pickup what that might be.  It looks to me as if these trains were running from Kanazawa and then after the arrival of the Hokoriku Shinkansen in 2015, the service ceased and the trains were transferred away to be part of the JR West fleet?  I've found a few mentions of the train here on the forum, including a link to a video after transfer away from it's original duties, which was very useful.

Any suggestions on other Ltd Express / Commuter trains that would have be seen alongside the train in this livery would be gratefully received, whether running as the Hokuetsu Express, or afterwards.

I've also taken a liking to the Kintetsu railway and might have to try and find some of that stock as well!

Thanks in advance

Mike