EM13 decoder alternatives

Kiran

I have the EM13 motor decoders in a few of my Kato trains. I am adding about 9 more and I am wondering if I should continue to use EM13 or get them hard wired with a Railcom compatible decoder. I have 27 locos/trains with a Railcom compatible decoder (mostly Loksound) and about 8 with the EM13. I have no intention of switching to Digitrax command station and decoders (Digitrrax sound decoders sound awful).

If NCE don't get their act together and support Railcom (unlikely), I will most likely switch to EcoS or something similar down the line. With my interest in automation, Railcom will be helpful.

I am guessing there isn't an EM13 alternative with Railcom support?

I use that PCB with d&h decoders in a lot of trains. 

and I made extra boards the last batch as they were cheaper in bulk if your interested in getting some.   

I only have an EM13 in a couple trains that were already installed.  All my other EM13s I sold off when I got my boards. 

ETA:  I did not get the boards made to sell them etc.  I made them for my own use but have more than I probably will ever use so would be happy to pass a few on at whatever they cost me.  I did not design the board and just got the design files from the designer to have the boards made.

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 10:15 PM, chadbag said:

I use that PCB with d&h decoders in a lot of trains. 

and I made extra boards the last batch as they were cheaper in bulk if your interested in getting some.   

I only have an EM13 in a couple trains that were already installed.  All my other EM13s I sold off when I got my boards. 

ETA:  I did not get the boards made to sell them etc.  I made them for my own use but have more than I probably will ever use so would be happy to pass a few on at whatever they cost me.  I did not design the board and just got the design files from the designer to have the boards made.

Thank you Chadbag. I will DM you.